FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 06:46 am   Permalink

D'oh!

Cat is out of the bag!

http://www.vegasinsight.net/?p=418

^^^^But please let me work with no distractions!

I'll be packin nails guns and flame throwers so stay away!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 07:54 am   Permalink

Finally the 9th island gets a little more tropical!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 08:22 am   Permalink

YAY!

Go Ben Go!

What "Panache" !

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 06:46, RevBambooBen wrote:
D'oh!

Cat is out of the bag!

http://www.vegasinsight.net/?p=418

^^^^But please let me work with no distractions!

I'll be packin nails guns and flame throwers so stay away!!

Ummm...cats been out of the bag for a couple weeks. But we wanted to let you have fun with "the secret".

GO BEN GO!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 11:10 am   Permalink

I saw the mug. It's interesting.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matango Derek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-28 11:47 am   Permalink

Interesting good, interesting bad, or interesting indifferent?

View Profile of Matango Derek Send a personal message to Matango Derek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 11:47, Matango Derek wrote:
Interesting good, interesting bad, or interesting indifferent?

The mug includes a wahine with prominent, exaggerated features; it's my understanding that it will be used for a signature drink - "The Bearded Clam".

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 12:16 pm   Permalink

God bless this place already.....

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 5:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzzy, I didnt hear about you making pendants for the new bar but I do know I was commissioned months ago to make them too . Im posting pics of mine Im shipping up there in a few days. I cant wait to see yours but heres mine .

They are little angry Moai's made from concrete but look like stone , sweet !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 9:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 17:04, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Hey Buzzy, I didnt hear about you making pendants for the new bar but I do know I was commissioned months ago to make them too . Im posting pics of mine Im shipping up there in a few days. I cant wait to see yours but heres mine .

They are little angry Moai's made from concrete but look like stone , sweet !

They kinda look like Sven!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 9:44 pm   Permalink

p.s.

Mr. Crazy Al ????

Where are the teaser pics of THE LOGO TIKI ???

( the C'Al Ku's were at his Bahooka gig)

Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-29 05:21 am   Permalink

Here's the mug - already on eBay:

Nice mug, but I don't know - there are funny puns and then there's outright crudeness.

Is this place going to be a Tiki Dive Bar, or a Tiki Biker Bar?

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-29 08:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 21:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
They kinda look like Sven!

Naaaw, do I look THAT mean? I am not mean, more like troubled:

Troubled by the weight on my shoulders of having to perpetuate the Polynesian tradition of ancestor worship, retelling the tales of the forefathers, reminding the youngens to heed their traditions.

It is this scowl that many old Tikis display, warning the followers to remember the tradition. Well, it is possible that I am turning into a Tiki in the process of being the guardian of the tradition:

..and earlier:

(...and Ben, this is on no way to imply that YOUR work is not a living, breathing, beautiful example of your forefathers' tradition!)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-29 08:57 am   Permalink

it's 2009.

not 1943.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-29 10:25 am   Permalink

1943 is pre-Tiki style, I don't care about that. And last time I checked it was 2008. And because we all LOVE the well thought out, inspired architecture and design of today, we congregate here, to UPDATE all the ugliness of the past, right?

Don't try to pigeon-hole me into that backwards corner, Ben, my bottom line is if it is done right and with an understanding of the style, a modern Tiki Bar CAN be great. And from all I can tell so far, this new Vegas place looks like it got it right...probably in part due to your help.

That mug thing is a question of how far everyone's individual definitions of good/bad taste reach. I think it's a funny concept. After me and Otto met Florian Gabriel he was inspired to draw a similarly racy mug design for Otto. The difference is that that one never saw the light of day, some would say that was for the better, some not.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation