FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chin's Livonia Tiki Holiday Art Show Sale - Sat Dec. 13
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Chin's Livonia Tiki Holiday Art Show Sale - Sat Dec. 13
hulagirl1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-20 04:58 am   Permalink

Just wanted to give advance notice to all that a date has been set for the annual December Chin's of Livonia Holiday Art Show and Sale. Saturday December 13, 2pm - midnight. More details to follow as the event gets closer. A poster will be done in the next few weeks and I will post that. Presented by The Cat's Meow. Information will be updated on our website www.catsmeowdetroit.com Anyone interested in having art in the show or selling merchandise please contact me.

View Profile of hulagirl1 Send a personal message to hulagirl1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 06:27 am   Permalink

Nothing says Tiki like Detroit in December!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Central 2008-10-20 06:28 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 06:48 am   Permalink

Hi Nancy, good to hear from you. So is Chin's chockful of Chin-Tiki artifacts now? And is the downtown building gone?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulagirl1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-20 11:24 am   Permalink

Yes Marlin has put quite a few very large status from Chin Tiki into the Chin's Livonia location. And he also moved part of the very large bar in. It is looking much better. The rest of the Chin Tiki artifacts are still in a storage unit somewhere. The new owners of the Chin Tiki Detroit still have it boarded up and they are not maintaining the property at all. Graffiti is covering the front now. I will take a photo soon and post it. I have heard that the new owners have no money and could not get parking or financing. What a shame.

View Profile of hulagirl1 Send a personal message to hulagirl1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulagirl1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-03 05:23 am   Permalink

We went this weekend to one of the Chin Tiki storage units where the family is storing the artifacts from Chin Tiki. Marlin donated some amazing items to the Chin Tiki Holiday event annual auction. We will be going through the items and let you know exactly what the raffle will be for. Here are some pictures of the storage unit.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-05 2:12 pm   Permalink

Very cool, congrats! Post some pix of the desecrated Chin Tiki exterior here when done:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30362&forum=1&2

"REMEMBER the Chin Tiki!"

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulagirl1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-09 7:10 pm   Permalink

Will post photos of exterior of Chin Tiki soon!

mattfink59

Posted: 2008-11-10 08:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-09 19:10, hulagirl1 wrote:
Will post photos of exterior of Chin Tiki soon!

Nice poster!

View Profile of mattfink59 Send a personal message to mattfink59      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-11 8:43 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to it Nancy. Me and the Family will be there. See Ya, Matt

View Profile of Matiki Send a personal message to Matiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 03:53 am   Permalink

Nothing is more needed than Tiki in Detroit in December!

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulagirl1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-01 08:28 am   Permalink

Update on the tiki show. We have many artists and vendors for this years show. Many more than in past years. It is going to be packed! So come early and hang out with us! We will have original art for sale, prints, tiki carvings, pinstriped art, tiki farm, chin tiki t-shirts and so much more. The raffle this year is going to be very good, with Marlin donating some items from Chin Tiki, including a set of 2 bamboo chairs, cement wall tiki, rare yellow drink stirrer ( I have only seen them in green before now) and menus. Also a large gift basket from Cats Meow with new and vintage tiki items in it! So spread the word! Nancy

Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 4:51 pm   Permalink

I wish I could be there but I'm glad my art's going at least so I'll be there in Aloha spirit. I'd love to see pics posted on this thread after!

I'll have a ton of prints and even a bunch of cute stocking-stuffer-sized $5 "mini-prints" but here's a sampling of the handcrafted tiki goodies that will be representing me there including one original velvet painting!

"The Bird Canoe"
7" x 9" Acrylic on Black Velvet

I also sent a few of my $10 ltd. edition pendants... I've made up to #30/50 now. You can read about them here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30699&forum=12&1

I'm also sending some handmade seagrass Christmas cards of my "South Pacific Santa" velvet painting.

Mele Kalikimaka!!!! Have fun at the show!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-12-12 18:37 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 4:59 pm   Permalink

Heathaaaah,

Got me some False Idols at Chin's today... I was hoping it would be there.

Dig!

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 7:07 pm   Permalink

obviously its all goin down as I type..
I'm interested in any xll (Or big guy size) Chins Tiki shirts if anyone can help out (assuming they exist)- I can pay ca$h for item and shippin.

If not have fun!

Mahalo

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 8:11 pm   Permalink

Awesome time Have some pics to post at a later time

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation