[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Detailed Tiki Mug. Page 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Detailed Tiki Mug. Page 3
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-23 12:43 am   Permalink

Hey look! New Tainted Tiki Mugs that have been thrown on a wheel then carved by hand. These guys are in the greenware stage and awaiting a first firing. Bad lighting on some pics. Working on new mugs. Wuwu!

Tainted Tiki eBay Store

[ This Message was edited by: yumyumkid 2009-07-30 23:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: yumyumkid 2009-08-09 21:26 ]

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-23 02:20 am   Permalink

Ooooh, I like those! Especially the first guy!! Can't wait to see them all glazed up

Liana

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-23 07:22 am   Permalink

I like that idea; wheelthrown then carved

You must make them pretty thick to start with. The 3rd one is my favorite, very detailed

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 5:14 pm   Permalink

Very Cool!

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 5:18 pm   Permalink

Very nice work, never seen anything quite like 'em - did you get your name from "The Yum Yum books" by R. Crumb?

Can't wait to see these finished.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 7:13 pm   Permalink

Mmmmmm, YUMMY!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coruscate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 8:42 pm   Permalink

Excellent, keep us posted with ongoing pics!

View Profile of coruscate Send a personal message to coruscate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 11:54 pm   Permalink

sweet!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-30 02:04 am   Permalink

New mugs?

[ This Message was edited by: yumyumkid 2008-10-30 23:04 ]

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-30 11:13 pm   Permalink

Heyo, thanks for the comments. These are thrown pretty thick, about 1/4 to 1/3 thick. The name is a combination of Asian snack foods that I think are hilarious

Having comp problems with uploading some new images. Three new mugs and a bowl. The bowl was thrown with a brown clay and the feet are a white clay. Teeth are based loosely off of shark teeth. Fan of all the war clubs and other weapons. More up next week. Check back soon.

Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-31 12:18 am   Permalink

Oooh sweeeet! Love the bowl and the guy with the horns

Nice work!

Liana.

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-31 02:46 am   Permalink

These are looking great mate Cant wait to see em glazed and fired!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-31 06:29 am   Permalink

I love the multiple clay effect on the bowl. Last night I started a monkey made from Soldate 60 (yellowish), porcelain (white), and a dark brown Laguna WC373. We'll see if it works out.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-31 07:33 am   Permalink

Yummy,

The bowl is to die for! Love, love the feet's...do you have your own ceramics studio? It would be killa to see a picture of it. I really dig seeing other peoples work spaces.

Great work!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-03 04:39 am   Permalink

Just finished this last nite. Pattern was carved by hand. I have been looking at pictures of megalodon shark teeth. That's where the idea of the feet came from, although they are alot smaller. This thing is extremely fragile at the moment and I am trying to dry it out very slowly. Set it up for some QUICK pics, they aren't that great. Will get some more after it is bisque fired.

As for the work space issue, we just throw some newspaper down on the dining room table and get to work. Clean up with a dustbuster. I will get a pic up soon, lol.
Wheel work is done outside in the driveway. Clean up's a breeze.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation