FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events New pics----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008
New pics----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 09:20 am   Permalink

...more to come!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-26 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-26 09:20, Joe Banks wrote:

"Before Coffee" Self Portrait Mug ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-26 09:43 am   Permalink

I feel worse than my picture.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 10:23 am   Permalink

More pics! I decided to do everyone a favor and NOT post the incriminating images (thank you for your payments). Here's to another 50 years of Tonga Hut, or at least these images being added to someone's archive for future discovery. It was great talking with everyone, enjoying the floor show, buffet, and new lamps. It was cool seeing a few people dressing up for Halloween as well.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Malia Mai-Tai

Posted: 2008-10-26 12:55 pm   Permalink

Gotta love this pic!

I can't remember if my eyes were crossed BEFORE sipping some Zombie from Squids' mug or after!??!?!

Had a great time at The Tonga Hut and it was fun to chat with you all! I think my favorite drink of the night was the Blue Hawaiian.

All my best,
Mary

View Profile of Malia Mai-Tai Send a personal message to Malia Mai-Tai  Email Malia Mai-Tai Goto the website of Malia Mai-Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-26 10:38 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Tonga Hut!

I had a great time.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 03:40 am   Permalink

Another boring tiki "event"... Glad I missed it...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 08:00 am   Permalink

i assume koala and kangeeroo events are not "boring"?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 08:25 am   Permalink

The Tonga Hut 50th anniversary last Saturday night was a special evening -the type of evening where old friendships came together again to shine light but really introduce new acquaintances with each other (especially pairing the creative sector of patrons.)

The explosive dynamics lurking below the surface of the established were revealed to me for their true creative potential. I was a kid in a candy store of art types. This was a good thing.

I met quite a few people at the Tonga Hut last Saturday that have a kind spirit and actually encouraged me to continue with my tiki vision in whatever expression I deem correct at the moment. We have made initial contact and now time will tell how all those creative expressions discussed Saturday will manifest.

Oh! Can't Forget to say Thank You Ana and Jeremy for the food, the dancing and the updates to the interior decor of the Tonga Hut. You are doing your part to help keep the authentic So. Cal tiki spirit alive and thriving. You know where your weak links are..with encouragement and guidance all the refreshing elements of your establishment will become top-notch and consistent. Cheers to Tonga Hut!

PS - Thanks Ray (TikiMango)for posting some of the pics from Saturday night. Another disk for the archive..

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 1:41 pm   Permalink

yes, three sheets for sure, managed to suck down 2 zombies by 8:15, and that was just getting the ball rolling. G, thanks for letting me lean on you there, otherwise i might have been the red carpet on the inside of the bar

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 12:17 am   Permalink

Aloha Everyone! Thanks so much for celebrating Tonga Hut's 50th Anniversary with us. We had a great time and hope you did too. Thanks to everyone who came out and thank you to everyone who helped make it a success- Grog, Kirby, Tobunga, DJ Lee, The Polynesian Paradise Dancers and Jerri Manthey (the caterer) and of course our staff Trevor, Kat, Nikki and Hope. A big thank you goes out to Casey who's fine PR work got us into the Calendar Section of LA Times last Friday. If you didn't see it here's the link TongaHutStory and some pics from the party. Enjoy!

Mahalo,

Ana & Jeremy

See the article here: LAtimesStory

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 4:25 pm   Permalink

This was a fun trip down memory lane.

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation