FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Frankie’s Tiki Room .... Las Vegas!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Frankie’s Tiki Room .... Las Vegas!!!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 08:42 am   Permalink

Dec. 4th....

Baby!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-10-28 09:40 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 08:43 am   Permalink

Whoot!

Did they put the website live, yet?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 08:43 am   Permalink

http://www.vegasinsight.net/?p=418

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 09:33 am   Permalink

From VEGASinsight.com:

Quote:

If there’s any one person who knows how to turn dirt into gold, it’s P. Moss, owner of the Double Down Saloon. He made his “Happiest Place on Earth” – really, the diviest of Las Vegas dive bars – into an internationally renowned punk rock icon, so much that it warranted a second location opening in New York City’s Bowery just a few years back.

So it stands to reason that when Moss re-opens the former Frankie’s Bar & Cocktail Lounge (1712 W. Charleston Blvd.) on Dec. 4 as Frankie’s Tiki Room, we’ll no doubt be in the presence of another truly legendary Vegas watering hole. The bar proprietor’s latest acquisition will be getting a full overhaul, according to Moss pal and local editor and writer James Reza.

“Moss assures me that this is no half-assed superficial remodel,” Reza writes on his blog. “This is the first serious tiki bar in Vegas since Taboo Cove at the Venetian closed. These design cats have connections to the Stardust’s Aku Aku and Disneyland’s Tiki Room.”

Stay tuned for more information as the opening date gets closer; until then, bookmark the Frankie’s Tiki Room website, still under construction.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-28 5:11 pm   Permalink

Let's start planning the opening party weekend!!!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 6:04 pm   Permalink

I would like to book the Tiki Suite at InkySmileyHaus, please....

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-28 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 17:11, inkylouise wrote:
Let's start planning the opening party weekend!!!

WooHoo! Count SoccerTiki and I in

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-10-29 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 18:04, Haole'akamai wrote:
I would like to book the Tiki Suite at InkySmileyHaus, please....

BOOKED! Mai Tai, that means you and Coco Loco are in the Smiley Room!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
C.B. Howlie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-30 11:50 pm   Permalink

If people are looking to crash in a house - it looks like we have a very minimally furnished "psuedo tiki" house available for rent that week... in fact we were thinking of working with da owners to turn it into a full time vacation rental - and kinda make it like the Tiki Central clubhouse of Las Vegas? There are 2 Leroy Schmalz tikis, another unnamed tiki + a couple of Cherry Capri tiki paintings and a host of tiki mugs (so you don't have to travel with mugs...), fork and spoons, etc...

it's only a mile and a half or so from the strip and the peppermill and 4 miles or about 10 mins to the new tiki bar.

would anyone be interested in that?

View Profile of C.B. Howlie Send a personal message to C.B. Howlie  Goto the website of C.B. Howlie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 8:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-30 23:50, C.B. Howlie wrote:
If people are looking to crash in a house - it looks like we have a very minimally furnished "psuedo tiki" house available for rent that week... in fact we were thinking of working with da owners to turn it into a full time vacation rental - and kinda make it like the Tiki Central clubhouse of Las Vegas? There are 2 Leroy Schmalz tikis, another unnamed tiki + a couple of Cherry Capri tiki paintings and a host of tiki mugs (so you don't have to travel with mugs...), fork and spoons, etc...

it's only a mile and a half or so from the strip and the peppermill and 4 miles or about 10 mins to the new tiki bar.

would anyone be interested in that?

Yes!

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-16 11:23 ]

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-11-10 5:19 pm   Permalink

Bump...

FYI...expedia is posting RT $140 flights from bay area, and $150 flights from LA area.

catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 5:36 pm   Permalink

I look forward to checking it out when I go to Vegas in January! I plan on spending my birthday at Frankies this year.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 10:23 pm   Permalink

p.s.

It'll be pen 24 hours a day....

Also.

Ya

Baby!!!!!

( starting Dec. 4 th )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 11:43 pm   Permalink

Although my pecker-squid tiki will be there, I'll not be able to make this one. Someone send me a picture of it, would ya?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2008-11-13 11:59 pm   Permalink

Allegiantair ( www.allegiantair.com ) has some cheap prices to Vegas from odd locations. Flights from Stockton run as low as $100 round trip (leave Weds pm , return Fri pm.) Other CA departure cities; Fresno, Monterey, Santa Barbara and Santa Maria. They fly from other states, too.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation