FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving my first tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
my first tiki
kountzyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-25 5:42 pm   Permalink

nice original styles!

View Profile of kountzyro Send a personal message to kountzyro      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 10:46 am   Permalink

Wow me really like those 2 fellas Great look!

Dam on the cut!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 4:51 pm   Permalink

Dude, be careful! Damn that looks painful. Your stuff is coming along good. Do you need any other wood. Lemme know.

Roy

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 6:07 pm   Permalink

Yeouuuch... I know that smarts.

Post that in the saftey thread as a gentle reminder to everybody.

I like the originality on the tiki carving, and the corks are a good idea.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 11:57 am   Permalink

here's a couple that i finished, hope y'all enjoy.

this guy - peaceful pete is now standing guard and watching over musicians at a recording studio in austin,tx.

this guy is scarface, destroyer of digits. he is no longer allowed to play with others and he is under my muse's mind control at her tiki compound.

found some really nice pieces of pine that are ready to carve. will post the progress soon.

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 12:40 pm   Permalink

Looks great, BD. Yeah, he's a bad boy. Too bad about the finger. Did that one guy ever come through with the palm?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 05:59 am   Permalink

thanks t

no deal on the wood yet but i did find a stash of pine that had just been cut down and put out for heavy trash (some of which was already dried out) so i filled my exploder. now i just gotta find time to carve. been thinking of going all bob dylan and going electric and buying a grinder and a dremel and a chainsaw, sure looks like it would be faster and brings in that element of danger (rapidly turning blades of steel and soft flesh). to you and all the other carvers out there have agreat day.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 06:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-23 05:59, big daddy wrote:
thanks t

no deal on the wood yet but i did find a stash of pine that had just been cut down and put out for heavy trash (some of which was already dried out) so i filled my exploder. now i just gotta find time to carve. been thinking of going all bob dylan and going electric and buying a grinder and a dremel and a chainsaw, sure looks like it would be faster and brings in that element of danger (rapidly turning blades of steel and soft flesh). to you and all the other carvers out there have agreat day.

bd

I love it! The electric/gas/oil Dylan! Brilliant! Chuckle!

Nice work on all the pieces, I like the moai with feathers.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-23 05:59, big daddy wrote:
thanks t

bd

The dremel has really come in handy for sanding and shaping small areas. Also I have one of those Black & Decker "Mouse" sanders. Works pretty good for small areas as well, but the velcro isn't as sturdy as I would like it to be. Just treat it kindly.

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 10:00 am   Permalink

Cool first ones! keep them coming!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 2:12 pm   Permalink

I like the one with the twisted mouth. Good stuff big daddy.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 8:37 pm   Permalink

Nice work me like. Looks like the Picasso of tiki cool.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 8:40 pm   Permalink

Nice work me like. Looks like the Picasso of tiki cool.

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 1:36 pm   Permalink

got all inspired seeing everyone's carves, then i found some ford pine.

gonna carve me a big simple one i said to myself

then i got carried away

as you can see i didn't even chose one of the bigger pieces of pine but a tiny branch that was meant for the garbage heap. one day i'll be happy with what i carve. he still needs some work or may put him aside and let the wood speak to me.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 5:13 pm   Permalink

You are doing just fine! I love your Picasso tikis.
You got some talent there and more logs.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation