FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » my first tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
my first tiki
Aweulekuula
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-12 5:24 pm   Permalink

Ooooooooh!

I love those! I don't know why but your style just has such a "warm" feel to it, somehow yout tikis feel... "inviting"? There is just such a wonderfully laid-back spirit to your work.

Aloha!

Marcus

View Profile of Aweulekuula Send a personal message to Aweulekuula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
K-Billy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

Awesome keep up the good work. I have yet to do my first tiki
K-Billy

View Profile of K-Billy Send a personal message to K-Billy  Email K-Billy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 06:25 am   Permalink

thanks everyone for the comps. finding the time to carve is the problem. work keeps calling trying to find me, i've let the yard go back to nature....the girlfriend is getting a little mad and worried and my daughter keeps finding new, tiny secret communities i create in beer bottles. i keep telling her i expect those little societies to start carving tiki's in my image one day. when that happens i'll post the photos and then take credit for them. then i'll enslave them and put them to work for me

seeks - thanks. love picasso as well as dali but my fave at the moment is max ernst

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 10:10 am   Permalink

Cool nice carving and , by the way, the grain is freaky awesome.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 10:19 am   Permalink

I understand what's you feel when you have difficult to find time to carve...I have same problem, but I have chance to do during my working day...
Keep cool and continue your nice work!!!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 11:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-12 13:36, big daddy wrote:
then i got carried away

uh huh. See what happens when you drink and carve?! Love the intricate detail!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 2:46 pm   Permalink

LOOKIN' Good there and I'm sure after I have a few more "lubricating" drinks it will look even better yet!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-19 06:20 am   Permalink

thanks guys! computer crashes for 3 days and i'm sifting through several hundred emails.

benella - as to the grain of the wood, i forget where i read it (think it was a benzart quote) but it said "go deep, don't be afraid" and thats what i did. working on a new piece that has the same grain pattern and i will try to do it again.

benzart and t - the lubrication helps. think i figured out a system. i fill a gallon jug with my favorite concoction and hang it above my head, the fittings and fish tank tubing allow just the right mixture to reach me as i can now lubricate hands free while i carve.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 3:31 pm   Permalink

well i finished the little guy. not very happy with the way he turned out. here he is

started on a new one.

have several ideas for others. now i have to find the time to carve.

bd

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 9:27 pm   Permalink

well done for the "little guy",almost be felt the influence of the "surréalistes"!!

Good thing if you find time to carve!!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 9:50 pm   Permalink

Hey big daddy. I think it's good you're not happy with your carvings. You can transform that emotion into a motivational tool. I'm the same way. There's so many times I look at my stuff and think,... bleh. If this is your passion, you'll never give up. To quote Gladys Knight and The Pips, (The Pips are the coolest), "Keep on keepin on". I'd sing it for you but, well....heh......I'll drink instead.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 2:12 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the ol' finding the time to carve problem. I have a whole list of people waiting for tikis from me. Might take them years to get one!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
larryzzzz

Posted: 2009-07-10 09:15 am   Permalink

Ouch. Hope it is healing up OK. Now I'll have to be more careful.

View Profile of larryzzzz Send a personal message to larryzzzz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 10:16 am   Permalink

ok, forgot about this thread. yeah larryzzzz, the finger healed well and have almost regained all range of motion though on some days there is an ache in the bone that bothers me and i still haven't regained the dexterity to play the guitar again( c chord is still hard to reach) but it has made me learn alternative tunings though. i foolishly removed the stitches 2 days before their time so i had to re-wrap the finger in a tight bandage and stay in a splint for another 2 weeks. thanks for looking

bd

AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-17 08:14 am   Permalink

great carving Big Daddy,
any update of the last one

greets from france

Akuae

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation