FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Swizzles in the New Millennium! Swizzle me this Part II!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Swizzles in the New Millennium! Swizzle me this Part II!
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

While I await the opening of Frankie’s Tiki Room aka the only Las Vegas Tiki Bar, where I can swoop in, get some drinks and stumble out with a handful of swizzles. I wonder what other Tiki swizzles have appeared in the last few years. Here are the ones that I know of ~

Top to bottom in kind of a chronological order as best as I a can tell -
Tiki Farm (There was also a green one) • Oceanic Arts • The Conga Lounge • The Tiki Quest Swizzle • Hale Tiki • Forbidden Island • Hukilau.

Not counting the Shag swizzles that came with the decanters am I missing anyone? Did the Tabou Tiki Room have any? Guten Tag?

Ideally this post is about newer Tiki swizzles only (or at least trying to be), for new and current non-Tiki swizzles please see Swizzle Me this!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-28 8:37 pm   Permalink

Those are all the good ones! Tabou Tiki Room: Nein.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-28 9:52 pm   Permalink

Anybody know of a source for making up a batch for a home bar??

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2008-10-28 21:52 ]

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-29 12:00 am   Permalink

Does this one that comes with the purple Frankentiki mug count?

Here it is in situ:

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-29 10:58 am   Permalink

the now closed Taboo Cove at the Venetion in Vegas(designed by Bosko) had Venus swizzle sticks from the adjacent Shag inspired bar.

Not quite a tiki swizzle stick, but close.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-29 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-29 10:58, sirginn wrote:
the now closed Taboo Cove at the Venetion in Vegas(designed by Bosko) had Venus swizzle sticks from the adjacent Shag inspired bar.

Not quite a tiki swizzle stick, but close.

Right Sirginn and I've got one of those and although it was basically the same as Taboo Cove (Same address, same bar, same roof) it was still Venus so I'm not counting it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-30 06:23 am   Permalink

What's the correct bar etiquette on swizzles, whilst drinking in a tiki bar a fellow patron finishes his/her drink, then departs the bar leaving a swizzle in their empty vessel. Are you allowed to nab that used swizzle?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-30 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-30 06:23, atomictonytiki wrote:
What's the correct bar etiquette on swizzles, whilst drinking in a tiki bar a fellow patron finishes his/her drink, then departs the bar leaving a swizzle in their empty vessel. Are you allowed to nab that used swizzle?

Only if you can beat me to it first...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-30 08:12 am   Permalink

I agree with Tikiracer but I won't be pouncing on any leftover pineapple wedges.

Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-30 1:01 pm   Permalink

You could even move in while they are nursing the dregs of their beverage.

"Are you done with that swizzle there?........ Are you gonne eat that gristle?"

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-30 2:59 pm   Permalink

Here's a rendering of a new design that we're anticipating launching right around the holidays... "the Samoan War Club".

Like our original swizzle sticks and some of the older ones out there, I always prefer that the "business" end of the swizzle stick to have some mass to it.

[ This Message was edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-10-30 15:01 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-30 3:20 pm   Permalink

When I was a young kid, those drink swords fit perfect in the hands of He-Man. This new club could have came in handy for a skeletor beat down.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-30 10:37 pm   Permalink

Holden that war club is great! I'm looking forward to it's release, is it tied to a specific drink or is it just time to have a serious war club swizzle? I'm not really a fan of the old war club version.

Teakey your observation is spot on!

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-31 11:22 pm   Permalink

Holden,

That war club swizzle is fantastic. Great idea.

Here's another design that will be out soon (left on my pillow by the swizzle fairy):

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-11-01 02:41 am   Permalink

Those are great Sabu, thanks for posting them.

The Swizzle Fairy rules!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation