FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Swizzles in the New Millennium! Swizzle me this Part II!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Swizzles in the New Millennium! Swizzle me this Part II!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-01 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-31 23:22, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Holden,

That war club swizzle is fantastic. Great idea.

Here's another design that will be out soon (left on my pillow by the swizzle fairy):

Sabu --Formica makes for an awfully hard pillow case, no?

Btw, I was not only asking for information on my "Mystery Swizzle Stick" post, but also meant to encourage anybody who has any no-name Tiki swizzles to post them so their origin might be found! (...excluding Mr. Kona Kai)

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-11-01 14:50 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-28 21:52, Murph wrote:
Anybody know of a source for making up a batch for a home bar??

So...anybody got any info. on the above post?? Would be interested in finding out if there was someone/company doing some but not in the thousands of quantity and hundreds of dollars!

Thanks!
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 11:38 pm   Permalink

Martiki addresses that in this thread ~ Swizzle Sticks and Forbidden Island

or you could try this

After you get some made please post them here.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 12:23 pm   Permalink

Here's a spec swizzle I once got from Holden, it never went into production:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-05 11:38 am   Permalink

Not exactly swizzles, but......

The lovely ladies at the Kona Club in Piedmont Ca supplied my son and I with a handfull of cup hangers, (Monkeys, Mermaids, and the ever popular Pink Elephants). I have a number of F.I swizzels and a few T.V Menehune's that float around my drinks. These are just as much a part of "The Shrine" as the mugs and the Tikis. Pictures to follow.

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-05 12:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-05 11:38, metikiman1705 wrote:
Not exactly swizzles, but......

The lovely ladies at the Kona Club in Piedmont Ca supplied my son and I with a handfull of cup hangers, (Monkeys, Mermaids, and the ever popular Pink Elephants). I have a number of F.I swizzels and a few T.V Menehune's that float around my drinks. These are just as much a part of "The Shrine" as the mugs and the Tikis. Pictures to follow.

Thanks Tikiman1705 but......
I'm only focusing on the new stuff in this thread and we've got Fobidden Island covered on page one.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-02 11:08 am   Permalink

WHOA!

How about a round of applause for The Fraternal Order of Moai and their Outstanding Kick Ass Swizzle! I hope this isnt some sort of F.O.M. secret but its so great anytime there is a new Tiki Swizzle. It looks like the swizzle resurgence wheels are turning a little more and I hope this means that well see more great custom pieces soon. Well done F.O.M.

Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-02 9:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-02 11:08, Bora Boris wrote:
WHOA!

How about a round of applause for The Fraternal Order of Moai and their Outstanding Kick Ass Swizzle! I hope this isnt some sort of F.O.M. secret but its so great anytime there is a new Tiki Swizzle. It looks like the swizzle resurgence wheels are turning a little more and I hope this means that well see more great custom pieces soon. Well done F.O.M.

Ahem......your welcome.

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-02 10:54 pm   Permalink

Oops!

THANK YOU HINANO PAUL!

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-03 6:51 pm   Permalink

Glad you like them, Bora Boris. The manufacturer, Royer Corp., did a bang up job!

Definitely not a secret, they have been used at events like the recent Urban Luau at Eastern Standard in Boston and I think I see a few in the pictures from the Trader Vic's party in L.A. yesterday too?

Here's a picture that is a bit more clear...

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-03 11:32 pm   Permalink

Thank you Rev Thumper,

My Camera hates me at the moment and thank you and all of the F.O.M members for not just talking about someday getting some swizzles made but for actually doing it.

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-04 09:45 am   Permalink

I cannot take any credit for it, my only role has been vigorous field testing of the final product.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 8:26 pm   Permalink

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 7:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-11 20:26, Bora Boris wrote:

I was just with Moss last Monday and he said the first round of 30,000 are gone.

The new one is A-1 CLASSIC!!!

( also heard there are some new ---'- in the werks.....)

Yes!

Not bad for a small, off the strip, 7 month old tiki bar.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-12 19:00, RevBambooBen wrote:

Not bad for a small, off the strip, 7 month old tiki bar.

No, not bad at all. I'm looking forward to going back.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation