FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Can't sleep...araghhhh!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Can't sleep...araghhhh!
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 09:23 am   Permalink

sounds like somebody needs to get that jaw align mouth piece that opens up the back of the throat to breath better.

as for me, its funny how when I was in high school I could have the radio on all night and sleep soundly.
last night I left it on, and slept like hell.
ugh, I gotta get ready and leave for Kona for NYE show in 2 hours.
I'm gonna be beat tired later.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 10:44 am   Permalink

"...its funny how when I was in high school I could have the radio on all night and sleep soundly.
last night I left it on, and slept like hell."

Most of today's bands are only on the radio because they sold their souls to Satan. You slept like hell because the music sounds like hell because it comes from Hell.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 01:14 am   Permalink

Well I think I have a cure for my sleeplessness. I got a new job. I'm a carpenter for the City of Los Angeles. I never saw myself working for the government but...it's good werk if ya can find it!
I now work at the biggest Turd Farm west of the Mississippi, only a few blocks from the Purple Orchid. Steady pay, great bennies, 9/80 so I get every other Friday off. It's a slide from here to retirement in 10 years or so.
So why am I up at 1:30 am? It will take a while.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 03:19 am   Permalink

ok usually I can sleep pretty good,
at 10 pm I was ready to fall asleep.
but I hadnt been on the comp for awhile.
now I am wide awake, and wondering how tired will I be tomorrow at the 3 tiki events in LA.
off to toss and turn.
g-nite.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 05:03 am   Permalink

sleepy heads. everyone else suddenly achieved bladder control and peace in the universe and sleeping well?

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 02:49 am   Permalink

Maybe it was too much "guy" food, Tri-tip, burgers, 5 different chips and 7 different dips, Ceviche, beer and so much more, or maybe it was the best game I've seen in years, perhaps the friends and company, the precious time with my son...Well whatever it was, I am up at 2:30 again.
Ah heck! it's worth it

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 9:14 pm   Permalink

I hear ya on the eating too much.
I went to a super bowl gumbo party,
and had 2 different kinds of spicy gumbo, jumbalia and dirty rice,
beer, rum and absinthe.
needless to say I woke up at 2 am with horrible heartburn and had to sit up awhile and wait for it to settle down.

so technically I was tired and could sleep,
but I couldn't sleep or I would get bad acid reflux laying down.

good times,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-09 02:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-02 21:14, bigtikidude wrote:
...needless to say I woke up at 2 am with horrible heartburn and had to sit up awhile and wait for it to settle down.

so technically I was tired and could sleep,
but I couldn't sleep or I would get bad acid reflux laying down.

good times,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is prophecy, had way too many Carnitas tacos tonight, they came back to haunt me at 2:00am now I'm sitting here waiting for the Tums to kick in...want to sleep but cannot lay down. Ah...isn't getting older fun?

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 1:15 pm   Permalink

Related News Story

Yahoo! News: With the Economy Down, Sleeplessness Is Up

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 03:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-02 13:15, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Related News Story

Yahoo! News: With the Economy Down, Sleeplessness Is Up

Ya think!?!

It's 3:49am, or is it? Dang Time change!! Doesn't matter, still up too early.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-11 05:37 am   Permalink

Seems like when I am awake, all I can think about is "I'd rather be asleep." I try to take a good nap on the weekends, it does seem to help me catch up, but I feel like I drag all week. The most annoying thing is that there are no good TV shows on in the middle of the night when I wake up. Someone needs to start a decent Insomniac Channel that shows something half-way entertaining for us zombies.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 01:16 am   Permalink

Well here we go again, 1:15 in the morning and I have to be up at 4, tomorrow is gonna suck.
Getting caught up on TiKi Central, wish I could have made the Nooner at Bens...

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 04:32 am   Permalink

a solid 6 would be really nice!

ughhhhh....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 06:09 am   Permalink

woo hoo!! 11 to 5. got my 6 and roarin' to go!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 01:00 am   Permalink

I just read back that I was up at the last time change, mmm I think I see a pattern.
Up since midnight, gotta get up at 4. I can only get 3 more hours...this sucks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation