FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Boats
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Boats
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 5:14 pm   Permalink

Picked up a couple of nifty Tiki boat menus from the American Hawaii Cruise Lines.

The artwork is by famous Hawaiian artist is Herb Kane.

This first one is the War Canoe of Tahitian King Pomare I.

Here is the interesting story on the back of the menu.

The next one is a Marquesan canoe.

The canoe story.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 12:39 pm   Permalink

I posted this before way back when in Tiki Finds but it fits here as well. A huge print about five feet long. Coconut mug for size comparison.

Looks killer in the mood lighting.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 9:05 pm   Permalink

Check out this cool tiki boat ride from the Hawaiian Village in Hawaii!

Good times.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-25 8:00 pm   Permalink

My modest fleet:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-07 7:30 pm   Permalink

Some Tiki boats from the Witco armada.

DC

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-10 6:10 pm   Permalink

From the Cook Islandas a couple years back...

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2009-12-10 11:49 pm   Permalink

Another Tiki boat from the Polynesian Cultural Center in the 1970s:

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mo-Eye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 9:36 pm   Permalink

These awesome tikis are on the Honolulu Craigslist right now.

Obviously off of some boat / catamaran. Anyone know which one? At $11,500 for the pair, they will stay on Craigslist for quite a while...

View Profile of Mo-Eye Send a personal message to Mo-Eye  Goto the website of Mo-Eye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 10:36 am   Permalink

I wonder if any of the Tiki Central carvers has attempted to construct a traditional outrigger canoe? I've not much experience at carving, but it sounds like a fun project. It would be the only one like it on the little Indiana lake where I have my summer cottage! Mmmm... I'll bet someone's got some plans on line...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-17 12:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-15 21:36, Mo-Eye wrote:
These awesome tikis are on the Honolulu Craigslist right now.

Obviously off of some boat / catamaran. Anyone know which one? At $11,500 for the pair, they will stay on Craigslist for quite a while...

I was looking at these yesterday and was wondering what boat tiki's of this size might have been mounted on..
Captain Bean's Dinner Cruise..

The boat was sold and the new owner is selling the above tiki's..
I'd love to have these out on my lanai

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-17 1:00 pm   Permalink

New in 2005.
"Sure to prove a hit with visitors is Kontiki, a spinning and swinging boat ride that recreates the experience of riding the high seas without leaving dry land! The ride was chosen for its unique motion that is unlike anything else currently at the Park thus giving visitors a new experience."

Paultons Park is a family theme park situated in the village of Ower near Romsey in Hampshire, England. The name is derived from the former Paultons Estate, on which the Park is situated. There has been a large investment over the last few years, which has seen the park transform from a small local park, to a major attraction aimed at family audiences. Originally the park was a country park and bird garden. Paultons now has over 50 family rides and attractions and still keeps a number of animals, including Meerkats, Penguins, South African Crowned Cranes, Touracos, and over 80 different species of exotic birds. The park has three roller coasters and two water rides. The park Opened 17 May 1983.

[ This Message was edited by: blue.octopus 2010-01-17 13:01 ]

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 1:13 pm   Permalink

Wow, the memory of Kon-Tiki being kept alive in this day and age, how cool!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-25 11:21 am   Permalink

The War Boats of the Island of Otaheite (Tahiti).
William Hodges 1777

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-17 10:36, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
I wonder if any of the Tiki Central carvers has attempted to construct a traditional outrigger canoe? I've not much experience at carving, but it sounds like a fun project. It would be the only one like it on the little Indiana lake where I have my summer cottage...

I don't know what ever happened, but
there was a plan.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-07 08:57 am   Permalink

A couple of books:

"Sailing in the Wake of the Ancestors: Reviving Polynesian Voyaging (Legacy of Excellence)"
by Ben R. Finney

"We, the Navigators: The Ancient Art of Landfinding in the Pacific"
by David Lewis

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation