FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Big Lebowski?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Lebowski?
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 10:21 pm   Permalink

Should I watch this movie?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 10:46 pm   Permalink

Dude, definitely.

But you need to fix yourself a White Russian first.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 11:43 pm   Permalink

Every Coen brothers movie is great! Lebowski is one of my favorites! The "Dude" Abides!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-03-18 10:45 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 11:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

tikivixen wrote:
Dude, definitely. But you need to fix yourself a White Russian first.

I second TikiVixen's vote. First stir that White Russian with a stir stick, the next one with your finger, and the next with ?...you'll be in sync with the movie as it progresses.

MovieCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 07:46 am   Permalink

"The Big Lebowski" is a masterpiece. One of the funniest movies ever made. Watch it with the ingredients to make many White Russians. Learn about amphibious rodents. See what happens when you f*** a stranger in the ass.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 08:46 am   Permalink

I've always wanted this poster for my living room, too.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-18 09:15 am   Permalink

"Ahh, fuck it, let's go bowling".

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 09:16 am   Permalink

It's one of my favorites. The dream sequences are classic. Every scene is a classic! Every charcter is unique and intriguing--especially the minor character: Donnie, Smokey, JESUS!!! I saw it on the big screen last fall to a full house in ny: INCREDIBLE. The audience was having such a great time, and I could see all this detail that doesn't show up on my tiny TV. I own the DVD too; I love watching it with the commentary too.

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 09:54 am   Permalink

Darkness warshed over the dude

(from Hallowe'en 2002)

tikimama is from a different movie

[ This Message was edited by: Melintur on 2003-03-18 09:55 ]

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:35 am   Permalink

the coens are brilliant! i recommend all their films (or at least the ones i've seen) - even "blood simple" if only for the finale & the chance to see a younger Frances McDormand do her thing!

"oh brother where art thou?" is probably my fave, but there are several close seconds!

cheers,
tc

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 11:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

Melintur wrote:

Craig~straight out of the movie, dude! That stained white shirt rounds the look out well! Is TikiMama dressed as Margot Tenenbaum from the Royal Tenenbaums?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 11:41, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Quote:

Melintur wrote:

Craig~straight out of the movie, dude! That stained white shirt rounds the look out well! Is TikiMama dressed as Margot Tenenbaum from the Royal Tenenbaums?

DING!

You get the cupie doll.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 8:51 pm   Permalink

Holden has been trying to get me to watch this flick for bout a year now. I guess I better watch it, with such Rave rewiews. He mentioned that they drink "caucasions". Is there a difference between the mentioned? Thanx dudes!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-18 8:54 pm   Permalink

Aren't the caucasian mountains in the former Soviet Republic? Or at least on the border.

View Profile of Thor Send a personal message to Thor  Email Thor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:00 pm   Permalink

My 2 favorite parts are.
1 Flea's Band.
2 Barricading The Dude's door.

Now that I think about it, that movie is really funnier than I previously thought. There are so many funny parts Ben. Oh crap now I can't get the Trailer fight scene out of my head from Raising Arizona.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation