FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Big Lebowski?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Lebowski?
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:35 pm   Permalink

The scene with the cliff and the coffee can made me almost pee my pants. Almost. The soundtrack is one of my favorite cds (it's got a Yma Sumac track, and Mancini's Lujon).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 20:54, Thor wrote:
Aren't the caucasian mountains in the former Soviet Republic? Or at least on the border.

Yep, The Caucus mountains are now in the independant states of Georgia, Azerbaijan and a few others. The residents are "Caucasians" - In effect, "white russians."

This I think is my biggest take-away from the move, I so adore what I call "recursive" humor.

Oh, that and whenever I am being purposely obstinante (which is often), I'm always "Finishing MY coffee."

-=C

"I'm finishing my coffee."
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-19 10:00 am   Permalink

Yes, quite a good joke.

Right up there with the Brett introduction joke in There's Something About Mary.

It made me plotz.

View Profile of Thor Send a personal message to Thor  Email Thor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 3:29 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,

That's the best soundtrack since Jaws!
And it's made a generation look past Kenny Rogers' years of country spew to find a real gem in his back catalogue.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-20 4:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 22:35, Humuhumu wrote:
The scene with the cliff and the coffee can made me almost pee my pants. Almost. The soundtrack is one of my favorite cds (it's got a Yma Sumac track, and Mancini's Lujon).

And Esquivel's "Mucha Muchacha!"

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 9:32 pm   Permalink

Benno - You've gotta see this with me so that I can say every line before it's said so that'd be really fun... for me... except for when you kick my ass because I begin pissin' you off!! Best f'in movie ever! There's gotta be a good white russian drinking game that we could do w/this movie. We could do it every time they say "fuck" or a derivative thereof, but I think that happens approx. 3x per minute (true - read that statistic on the unofficial BL website). Could do it w/"Dude"... no, we'd be tanked after 15 minutes. I've got it - every time they show a bowling ball or there's a reference to bowling, we've gotta take a sip... that'll get us good and tank'd!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-20 16:07, manic cat wrote:
And Esquivel's "Mucha Muchacha!"

Wow... too much of a girl!
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 6:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Wow... too much of a girl!

That's your answer for everything.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-31 12:08 am   Permalink

Has anybody noticed "The Dude's" bamboo tiki bar in his apartment?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 12:14 pm   Permalink

The Plaza(an art deco art theatre) in Atlanta just showed this for a midnight movie on Friday. I never noticed the tiki bar on the small screen. It was awsome on the bid screen!

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 3:32 pm   Permalink

I though when I moved to LA I'd get a cool apartment like the Dude's. More Hollywood lies!

I love that scene when they attack the wrong guys car-HA!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-03 7:21 pm   Permalink

The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time! John Goodman is an absolute genius as Walter.

"I too dabbled in pacifism ... not in Nam of course."

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 09:10 am   Permalink

Nothing new to say here, but Rev, you gotta see the movie.
One of my favorites.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-05 5:49 pm   Permalink

"they pissed on your fucking rug..."

oh my god, The Big Lebowski is BRILLIANT!
John Goodman is genius, and John Turtorro (sp?) (Jesus) steals the movie in the 5 minutes he's on screen. "Nobody fucks with the Jesus"

How about little Tara Reid as Bunny Lebowski? and Mr. Pineapple's favorite, Julianne Moore as Maude Lebowski... the painting scene? the line about the compulsive fornicator...
and when the sheriff of Malibu throws the coffee mug..."I hate the fucking Eagles"

heeeheeeheeee
oh man, now we need to watch the movie...

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-21 11:18 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation