FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mag's Winter 08-09 Issue Release Party (Nov.21)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Mag's Winter 08-09 Issue Release Party (Nov.21)
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-04 10:02 pm   Permalink

Damn Damn Damn,
I can't make it I'm gonna be DJing at a tiki art event in Glend....
oh never mind I Guess this is it.

Thanks to Nick for asking me to do this event.
I will be spinning a mix of Vinyl and cds,
Exotica,Hawaiian,and mellow surf,
and some tropical and loungy x-mas tunes also,
to help get you in the x-mas gift buying mood.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-11-04 22:04 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-06 01:11 am   Permalink

Headhunter! That cover is almost enough to turn me.... okay, not really. But it is seriously smoking. Hope we see you at the party! (I think we're putting up a banana hammock just for you!) Gee, I hope that nice girl who wrote your story will be there. (Ahem.) Looking forward to seeing everyone! And a SPECIAL THANK YOU and congratulations to Nick for continuing to create such a great magazine -- it's a true labor of love that means so much to all of us. Everybody! Let's celebrate!!! Yippee kai- yai-yo and aloha! By the way, we now have our first Hawaiian President! Barack Obama was born in Oahu and lived there for the first seven years of his life. Plus his grandmother lived there until her recent passing. (I'm hoping for some aloha spirit in the White House!)

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-06 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-06 01:11, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Headhunter! That cover is almost enough to turn me.... okay, not really. But it is seriously smoking. Hope we see you at the party! (I think we're putting up a banana hammock just for you!) Gee, I hope that nice girl who wrote your story will be there. (Ahem.) Looking forward to seeing everyone! And a SPECIAL THANK YOU and congratulations to Nick for continuing to create such a great magazine -- it's a true labor of love that means so much to all of us. Everybody! Let's celebrate!!! Yippee kai- yai-yo and aloha! By the way, we now have our first Hawaiian President! Barack Obama was born in Oahu and lived there for the first seven years of his life. Plus his grandmother lived there until her recent passing. (I'm hoping for some aloha spirit in the White House!)

Actually Obama was born in Hawaii, lived in Indonesia during as a young child for 6 years ( until he was 8 or so ?) and went back to Hawaii where he graduated High School. But yes, Aloha president....Cool !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-06 6:54 pm   Permalink

A good friend of mine went to high school with Obama in Honolulu, here's an actual clip from her yearbook!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-06 7:37 pm   Permalink

Tikiyaki (my fine Burbank neighbor), I guess my source about Obama's childhood was not exactly correct. Thank you for the better information than I had. But, yes, let's hope that "aloha spirit" is part of the next four years. So... the big question is, which one of you fine Tiki people is going to create the first Obama Tiki Mug? Okay, enough politics. I end on a high note. See you all at Damon's!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-11-06 9:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-06 18:54, surfintiki wrote:
A good friend of mine went to high school with Obama in Honolulu, here's an actual clip from her yearbook!

surfintiki - This is just the eBay seller in me talking, but you should see if your friend can scare up another copy of that yearbook from an old friend or two. It would sell for top dollar right now on eBay.

Here's a Sarah Palin yearbook that just sold for $1300 and I'm sure the Obama would go much higher:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190248867475&category=50790

Oh. And I'm planning on going to the Tiki Mag release party. See you all there.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2008-11-06 21:02 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 11:57 am   Permalink

Sounds like a fabulous party! I will try to get up there with a few peeps.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 2:41 pm   Permalink

yeah lets drop the Political talk and get back to the event,
we don't want anybody hi jacking the thread.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 2:48 pm   Permalink

Wow, great cover Hassan. Love it!

Wish I could make the event.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-07 11:57, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Sounds like a fabulous party! I will try to get up there with a few peeps.

Tiki Peeps?

(hi-jack in progress)

[ This Message was edited by: Daves Not Home 2008-11-07 14:56 ]

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 08:03 am   Permalink

TR! One other thing I need to correct on your thread contribution!! Where ya say:

" Headhunter! That cover is almost enough to turn me.... okay, not really. But it is seriously smoking. Hope we see you at the party! (I think we're putting up a banana hammock just for you!)"

The deal is that Hassan is WEARING a banana hammock to Damon's that night..not than anyone is BRINGING one!!

Arrr Arrrr

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 09:44 am   Permalink

Aloha Thor! I guess we're thinking of two different types of hammocks! Good thing I'll be bringing my camera to Damon's, just in case someone decides to make a bold fashion statement! I was actually trying to be the lovely and dainty flower I am, and was talking about a real hammock. You know, string-style, "hang-from-a-palm tree, backyard" kind often used in male pinup calendar shots. Hmmm. You know, know matter how I say it, it sounds wonderfully smutty. I didn't realize you cute boys call the other ones "banana hammocks" too. But I can see why you would. Clearly. So now I'm wondering what Headhunter meant by "banana hammock" in his quote that I put in his story! Oops. (Nice work, Kari!)

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 3:25 pm   Permalink

HAAAAaaaa Kari!!! You are just too damn cute!! I couldn't resist the chance I would get ya red faced and flustered..just the way we bad Kane's like em! So innocent you be!! Pay no attention to the smutty boys. Stay the sweet lil' Wahine that you are!! Again...most normal people knew exactly what you meant....it's us mind bent artistic types ya have to ignore! LOL!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 7:24 pm   Permalink

Ignore Thor? I don't think that's possible. (Place winky face here.)
Besides, a smart girl knows that the artistic smutty boys are the most fun to hang with anyway. No fool, I.
But HEY! Not to change the subject or anything, but if the rest of you reading this fascinating and flirtatious post haven't made your dinner reservations at Damons yet, do it! Damon's makes a really good, old-school steak, their house salad is excellent and DO NOT pass up the orange cake. Plus, TIKI SHOPPING!!! You splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 7:26 pm   Permalink

That was SUPPOSED to read, "A splendid time is guaranteed for all." See what happens when I'm flustered and red-faced? Verbal skills go right out the window.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation