FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Looking to replace my OMC 3 Tiki bowl...
Looking to replace my OMC 3 Tiki bowl...
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 5:07 pm   Permalink

We had a bit of an accident today with my wife and our son and our cat. To make a long story short my Tiki bowl was smashed in the process. Does anyone have an extra one in their collection for sale for a resonable price? It looks like the one pictured below...

Ma halo guys!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 8:52 pm   Permalink

There's one that's been on eBay for a long time now; $85 BIN or Best Offer. The bottom has a remnant of the OMC sticker. Personally I think $85 is high though. Good luck!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 06:41 am   Permalink

Thanks LOL Tiki, $85 seems high for one that is unmarked from either the Islander or Latitude 20...

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 08:39 am   Permalink

why not do what some others here on t.c. do.....buy the bowl on ebay...make sure it is insured...then when it arrives, place the broken bowl into the box..damage the box alittle ..then march on down to the post office to fill out a claim form....soon you will not only get your money back that you spent on the nice bowl on ebay, but will have essentially gotten it for free!!! ..so it really doesn't matter what you paid for it ebay.....the added bonus is that you get to get one over on the post office too!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-10 09:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-10 08:39, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
why not do what some others here on t.c. do.....buy the bowl on ebay...make sure it is insured...then when it arrives, place the broken bowl into the box..damage the box alittle ..then march on down to the post office to fill out a claim form....soon you will not only get your money back that you spent on the nice bowl on ebay, but will have essentially gotten it for free!!! ..so it really doesn't matter what you paid for it ebay.....the added bonus is that you get to get one over on the post office too!!

Nice ! I'll have to remember that one.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 09:58 am   Permalink

just for the record..i am not posting to condone that sort of behavior, but merely pointng out a route that i know other members have taken in the past...the whole concept is as genius as it is diabolical and has proven to actually work from what i hear. ...i guess it just depends on how much of a conscience an individual may have.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-10 06:41, Tikinomad wrote:
Thanks LOL Tiki, $85 seems high for one that is unmarked from either the Islander or Latitude 20...

I agree, the asking price is too high. There is a "Best Offer" option but it is an unmarked bowl.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 11:52 am   Permalink

Tipsy, that's crazy!
It would work but I just can't do it...even though I do have some past issues with the post office! Ha ha...

LoL Tiki, I submitted a low offer on that one on ebay but no word from the seller yet. I only paid about $30 for mine originally so I can't see spending almost 3 times that on a new one, ouch!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation