FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off... any takers??
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off... any takers??
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 09:43 am   Permalink

They say good things come to those who wait! I picked up my package this morning. Just in time for Orthodox Christmas! Thank you so much to Mr. and Mrs. Tropical Icebergs for the sweet haul! My camera isn't working but it looks like I don't have to take a picture because Leleliz got almost the same package. Great wrapping! I think the only difference is that I got some great fridge magnets instead of the notepad. And not a single thing that I already had! Tonight, I'm going to try a new recipe from the Shag drink deck in the parrot mug with the tiki straw and listen to that Henry Mancini album! Does that bring this year's holiday mug exchange to a close?

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 09:51 am   Permalink

Nope. We're still waiting for poor SoccerTiki to get his package!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 4:28 pm   Permalink

Wer're still pullin' for ya Soccertiki!

"No tiki left behind!" that's our motto!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-07 9:15 pm   Permalink

13 days after Xmas
And out on the lanai
Was a little brown package
Brought a tear to my eye

A recycled box
With some new packaging
Restored hope to my heart
(Made me dance and sing!)

Wrapped very carefully
Was something retired
A "Flame Man Chu" mug
By Tiki Farm,(so admired!)
Some Tiki wine markers
A sticker by Shag
And four tiki coasters
(Some very cool swag!)
Thank you to Staredge
Your gifts were so fine
And thank you to Bogie
Happy 2009!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 9:38 pm   Permalink

Hooray!

Well worth waiting for!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-08 05:30 am   Permalink

Hooray!

We shall all finally get a good night's sleep!

(Is it spring yet?)

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-08 07:30 am   Permalink

Sorry it took so bloody long. I was running late anyway & then there was a mixup at work. Glad it got there ok.

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 12:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

P.S. Can't wait for the Easter Moai trade!

Is there an Easter Moai trade?

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 11:09 am   Permalink

I heard a rumor that there was going to be an Easter (island) mug swap...

Quote:

On 2008-12-14 23:30, Sneakytiki wrote:
Easter..... Easter Island themed mug swap, like the craft swap we did, trade moai, other easter island themed mugs?????

Valentines Day?????

Disturbed Peoples Day, LOL!

[ This Message was edited by: sneakytiki 2009-01-11 11:39 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 8:05 pm   Permalink

ill all over that.......

if theres one ....im in......

maybe we should add a little something extra to it...
everyboby send Bogielocks a little something for all the hard work in all of these trades

just a little something ..something that will fit in an envelope.....

just to say thanks....

you just cant find fun and excitment like this just anywhere!

[ This Message was edited by: closettiki 2009-01-09 20:05 ]

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 9:22 pm   Permalink

It's Easter a little far off for another mug trade? I say we do something sooner!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-10 08:51 am   Permalink

I'm with Closettiki, I'd be all over an Easter (island) mug swap. I have many a moai to trade.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-10 11:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-10 08:51, Unkle John wrote:
I'm with Closettiki, I'd be all over an Easter (island) mug swap. I have many a moai to trade.

That's my vote too. The Easter Island Moai makes the swap just a little bit different.

TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-18 09:54 am   Permalink

It's Sunday morning and I don't remember when I have laughed so hard!! Thanks for this post and great idea, I want in next Christmas for sure. I already know what I want to give (I kind of skimmed over the rules to see what everyone got, and waited and waited and waited for)... This looks so fun, I can't wait for Christmas

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-18 5:05 pm   Permalink

Just when you thought this thread was dead & gone, I'm gonna give it one last gasp. It seems tobunga has decided to end this thread with one big, sweet exclamation point! Some of you may remember, my mug showed up in several pieces, but my secret Santa, (tobunga), was so generous otherwise, that I was thrilled with my package anyway. Well, apparently, he wasn't so thrilled. Today, I get an unannounced & unexpected package. I recognized the sender immediately & began to get excited. I carefully cut open the package, (no rattling this time), to see what was inside. This is what I found:

coupla napkins, a little Damon's calendar & a bunch of way kool Eric October Tiki valentines all tucked neatly into this guy:

The funny thing is, last night, whilst perusing TC, I came across an image of The Goof & decided I had to find a way to get one of those mugs. God's honest truth! And today he's on my doorstep. The Tiki gods were listening! Eric, thanks again, man. Completely unnecessary, but greatly appreciated. I hope someday, we can meet for a Mai Tai, my treat!
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation