FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Rusty Key Luau - Friday - Nov. 21 - virani/Haole Kats/Crazed Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Rusty Key Luau - Friday - Nov. 21 - virani/Haole Kats/Crazed Mugs
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 07:14 am   Permalink

Yeah, it kept me up too late and made me want to drink too much...

Bohemiann, thanks again. That spot was great and I heard every song and even a lot of the conversations. Really put me right back there again.

And call me. You said you had something about the Mai Kai?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-22 08:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for an awesome time Pablus!

I must admit...I felt the sting of the Scorpion! A big thank you to my friend Chris who was my Designated Driver. Lake & Swanky, I'm glad the broadcast went well enough and you were able to join us, it was a little dark. It was great to see everyone and meet some new peeps. Hopefully I left gracefully before my overindulgence settled in, it was a rough ride home and this mornings pain reminded me of how old I am and the importance of sticking to my prescribed quota. Ah..well, I'll just keep practicing. At least I did not end up in the pool.

What great music, atmosphere, food, drink, friends, and stories!

Pics coming as soon as I can focus again.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 09:04 am   Permalink

That was the best luau ever here.
It will never be beaten and possibly never duplicated.
You know. Fresh fruit juice really does wonders for the "next morning."

When virani did Moon Over Manakoora on the theremin with Kanekila and Josh - it was pure magic. That one's going to be on his new CD and I can't wait for it to get finished.

I'm glad some of you got to enjoy it with us.
I wish you could have been here for many reasons, one of them being we had a canoeload of food and drinks left over.

The perfect touch of the night was the cedar fire going in the little copper fireplace. A fireplace is cool because you know that's where all the girls are going to be. And Kanekila.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 6:10 pm   Permalink

That was a wonderful time! We certainly had a little magic happening on Manakoora....great job, Virani.

As always, there was plenty of great food and company. I'm adopting Pete as my new Dad. That guy is cool.

Thanks again, Pablus. Looking forward to the next time!

Oh yeah - Onyabarri needs a Bass. A little birdie told me.

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 6:27 pm   Permalink

Amazing time.

Thank you pablus for hosting yet another great time. Food and libation were all top shelf. Also, Virani, it was a great pleasure to play on your CD. I wish y'all could have heard "Moon Of Manakoora" done live at the Rusty Key with Virani on Theremin. It was sublime...

Looking forward to the next one. If it's cold and there needs to be a fire, that's OK. More pretty girls for me to stand next to.

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 02:58 am   Permalink

I had a fantastic time at Pablus house. Thanks again for hosting so well, thanks also to the Haole Kats and the Lost Idols, you are marvelous musicians...

Pics soon, hello ?

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-23 06:46 am   Permalink

Finally!

All the images and a slideshow can be viewed here:
http://go11media.smugmug.com/gallery/6899216_6oqKR/1/441403808_8T5NN

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 07:37 am   Permalink

Wow -- awesome pics, and the video slide show was great! Thanks for putting that all together. It was a truly great evening.

Mele Kalikimaka!

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 08:26 am   Permalink

Wow, I love the slideshow, and the pics are fantastic. Thanks a lot.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation