FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Going to Palm Desert / Palm Springs this weekend- give me the scoop!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Going to Palm Desert / Palm Springs this weekend- give me the scoop!
Deuces Wild
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-15 9:21 pm   Permalink

From there- it only got worse. Most of the pieces are from same person.

12 foot tall PNG tiki like pole. I think it was $3800.00
Lucky for me my ceilings are only 8 feet. The 2nd pic is top & 3rd pic is towards bottom.

View Profile of Deuces Wild Send a personal message to Deuces Wild      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deuces Wild
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-15 9:45 pm   Permalink

More goodies................

Huge food hook (per the tag) It's nearly 6 ft tall.

This carving was in an acrylic case- was huge & the detail was unbelieveable.
No price so I assume I can't afford it. I want it anyway. Maybe I can sneak this 5'x6' carving out the door w/o anyone noticing.

This mask was incredible. Complete w/ casowary feathers & an alligator crawling out it's mouth. I want this in the worst way!!!!!! Probably 48" tall.

Another cool figure pole. Lots of details on both sides. This is the back side!

A nice example of a Yam mask laying on the floor behind a coffee table & couch. Are you friggin' kidding me? Priced around $700

Some sort of board. Very cool.
But wait- what is that on the left- agains't the wall?

I pull it out for inspection. Price is around $800 but it's marked down.
2 tags on it. One says it's a PNG shield, the other says it is a gope board.
Both are wrong!!!!
Store owner says it's been there for awhile & they discounted it frankly because they & owner have no clue what it is. I know what it is but I won't say....... yet.

I make a cash offer & he hesitates. I give him my cell number & say we are going to lunch. Call the owner & see if they want to display it or sell it.
An hour later, I get a call.

[ This Message was edited by: Deuces Wild 2008-11-15 21:49 ]

View Profile of Deuces Wild Send a personal message to Deuces Wild      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deuces Wild
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-15 10:00 pm   Permalink

So- I now own it!
BTW- it's a PNG ceremonial food bowl!
There's 2 feet on the bottom. Pretty excited- great find.

This is the front "bowl" side. Those floor tiles are 10x10. Pretty big for a bowl.

Detail of the carvings of Casowary birds & fish.

More detail of other end of bowl. Very nice patina.

Back of the food bowl. Note the legs next to the 2 square holes & the carved alligator.

Detail of the alligator carving.

I want to go back tomorrow & make a stupid offer on that Yam mask & see what happens.

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-16 11:24 am   Permalink

the have a great Witco bench at antique 111 next to Mmodern but they want 1,200 for it!!!!!!

Now get your ASS to the Riviera!!!!!!! SUCKA!!!!

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deuces Wild
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-16 9:11 pm   Permalink

Well- we never made it to the Riviera or M Modern. The couple who rode down w/ us live in Diamond Bar so we had to leave early this morning because of the fires.
Suppose to go again in 3-4 weeks so we'll try again.

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 9:20 pm   Permalink

Don't listen to anything this Tiki poser has to say, he has posted before under a different name......he only knows cars and shit (plumber!) If you knew where to look you would have spotted this 10 foot canoe for $175.00.....

Just kidding about the poser.....WTF! This is my brother! You didn't tell me you were back on here. Please encourage him as he has some cool PNG stuff and a tropical yard (copycat!). BTW I found the canoe in Gorman last Thursday, not PS.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation