FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Boy...looks like we all let this one slip through.
Boy...looks like we all let this one slip through.
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 7:09 pm   Permalink

Somebody got a steal. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7692&item=3505627832&rd=1

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 01:37 am   Permalink

Lot's of cheap copies at Bookfinder

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=IGW4IbNlmaI.acROmDwQJzv.HJw_2025827084_2:15:22

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 01:58 am   Permalink

i been having that book BK. it's a pretyye good book to just read fo wen you like merinate.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:27 am   Permalink

Oh, well....shows what I know.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 12:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads-up on more, Trader Woody! I just got myself one. Been loving that cover photo since BOT. Now I'm kinda getting a little collection of Heyerdahl's fellow sailors' books. I got Erik Hesselberg's "Kon Tiki and I" too (and I finally got a good and cheap 1st edition Kon Tiki). Being somewhat knowledgeable on the pre-Columbian indians whom Heyerdahl believed to be the original sailors, it kind of marries two of my passions: pre-Inca AND tiki! Thanks BK for starting this whole thread!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 3:13 pm   Permalink

Sorry, it looks like the bookfinder search goes down pretty quickly, but I'm sure you can all do a search there if need be.

BK- That was a good heads up - apologies if my follow-up post looked smart-ass at all. It wasn't meant that way.

Funnily enough, I got a first edition hardback of 'The Happy Island' (The author's other book) for 75 cents last Saturday. Tiki books in the UK are a whole lot easier to find than mugs over here!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 09:33 am   Permalink

It's not much of a picture book, as in none..
But Paul Theroux's "The Happy Isles of Oceania" is a fun read. He kayaks between some close islands and hits the Solomons, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Marquesas and Rapa Nui as well as others, writing cool commentaries in each locale.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation