FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel heading to San Jose, should I visit Trader Vics in Palo Alto?
heading to San Jose, should I visit Trader Vics in Palo Alto?
tiki_tim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-17 10:58 am   Permalink

Like title says, wondering if I should stop in TV for a cocktail. Hoping to come back with a souvenier mug. . . Anyone have inputs? ThanksTim

TT

View Profile of tiki_tim Send a personal message to tiki_tim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 12:03 pm   Permalink

Yes go, one of the better TVs.
Have fun.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-28 05:20 am   Permalink

Ditto. It's beautiful inside!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 03:32 am   Permalink

Its pretty, just not very Polynesian or Tiki. But the food is really good Asian fusian.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-08 7:12 pm   Permalink

Yes-It has some great antique carvings inside!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kila

Posted: 2009-01-19 2:40 pm   Permalink

Just in case you might not know this yet...If you're flying to SJ and going in/out of Terminal C, check out Martini Monkey. They have great, well-made tropical cocktails. The bar is behind the security gates now, so only ticketed Terminal C passengers can go there.

More about it here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6909&forum=2

View Profile of Kila Send a personal message to Kila      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 9:19 pm   Permalink

Martini Monkey is indeed fantastic. And I, too, have been to TV's Palo Alto - yes, not much Poly decor, but the food is excellent, drinks excellent, and the bartenders I've spoken with are friendly and know their stuff.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 9:26 pm   Permalink

I think the PNG artifacts at the Palo Alto TVs are a fabulous collection, actually.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation