FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Is it cool 2 be real?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Is it cool 2 be real?
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 12:53 am   Permalink

Okay, this has got to be one of the funniest sites I've ever been to becuase believe it or not, in't not a parody. See if you can figure out what the hidden agenda of this website is:

http://www.cool-2b-real.com/

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 01:02 am   Permalink

real subtle: its sponsored by American Beef Products (TM) ~ and all the snacks have MEAT in them. oooh and the poll is all about meat too.

guess its not real to be a vegetarian.

weird site. um. how did you find it?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 01:12 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:33 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-19 08:06 am   Permalink

Isn't it cool 2 destroy the Amazon?

View Profile of Thor Send a personal message to Thor  Email Thor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 10:36 am   Permalink

Ewww.

Someone at America's Beef Producers (tm) or the Cattlemen's Beef Board, National Cattlemen's Beef Association or Circle 1 Network (©2003) is trying waaay too hard. A real-life girl would never call herself a "real girl" or a "real" girl! Quotes are a classic sign of a too-old marketing person trying to be hip and grammatically correct at the same time—an effort doomed from the start.

Keepin' fit with "real friends" and generous helpings of hormone laden beef and dairy?! Please! Then, when these kids are 300 lbs. and sue McDonalds, what do we do?

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 10:46 am   Permalink

Y'know, it's funny. I've looked through the Delia's Catalog and I never seem to see bouncy young teenage girls gnawin' on a steak at the mall.

Oh, and according to their graphic, fun and chat apparently must include tacos.

Oh, and a contest.... what makes you a real girl.... MEAT! And yes, remember lil' darlin's. Was down that steak with a nice serving of cow's blood, fortified with Vitamin F, for fun!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:00 am   Permalink

that's funny stuff, especially:

"What type of beef do you most like to eat with your friends?"

Gosh! With so many great types of beef to choose, how could anyone limit their choices to just Steak, Tacos, Burgers, and Subs?

What about other smart snackin' faves like beef wraps, beef on bamboo, beef taco and cheese pockets, and the delicious easy beef chili!?!

And well, if you got friends like mine, there's no end to the types of beef we enjoy eating together! Why, more than just burger buddies, my closest friends & I have a beef bond that transends the normal bounds of friendship!

from the land of Mad Cows & Beefeaters,
Tiki Chris

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-03-19 11:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:00 am   Permalink

Is this turning into the Meat Is Murder thread? I've eaten meat all my life and weigh 155 at 5'10" BTW...

I leave you with Joseph Campbell: "...the most hideous act, which is the act of life - namely, killing and eating another living thing...the hero is the one who comes to participate in life courageously and decently, in the way of nature, not in the way of personal rancor, disappointment, or revenge." Anyone who thinks they're smarter or more spiritually together than Campbell, jump right in.

As for the Amazon: do you really think it's being "destroyed"? Do you really think the world is meant to last forever, just as it is within your infinitesimally small lifespan, like a little Kodak snapshot? Are you aware that Alaska was once a tropical landscape? The wheel will turn and everything you know about the world will pass away, never to return.

For God's sake, try to rejoice! We are all participating in a mystery beyond our comprehension, with our little roles to play. But those roles can become bigger, more interesting, and less about personal rancor, disappointment, or revenge - if we let them.

aloha,
em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-19 11:00, emspace wrote:

Joseph Campbell: "...the hero is the one who comes to participate in life courageously and decently, in the way of nature, not in the way of personal rancor, disappointment, or revenge." Anyone who thinks they're smarter or more spiritually together than Campbell, jump right in.

"my real girl hero is Kelly Clarkson because when she won american idol it showed me that you can do anything if you try. - Jennifer - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)"

Keepin' it Real,
Tiki Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

Is this turning into the Meat Is Murder thread?

nooo.. i'd be making fun of that website if it were sponsored by Tofurkey!

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2003-03-19 11:26 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:16 am   Permalink

I'm THAT quotable? zoinks!

, em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:16 am   Permalink

"So, like, at, like, the slumber party the other night at my mom and dod's, we were all, like having such a good time talking about how much we like our beef treats, that, like, we fergot all about N'Sync, Britney, shopping and, like, boys! It was like, kewl." I'm a veggie, too, but by no means a militant one. That pre-pubescent giggle-girl demographic is definitely what you're after if you're trying to sell lots and lots of meat. Or cigarettes. Or bad beer.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:17 am   Permalink

Vegetarian Tiki freaks...who'da thunk it...

em

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:23 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-03-19 11:06, Tiki Chris wrote:
Quote:

"my real girl hero is Kelly Clarkson because when she won american idol it showed me that you can do anything if you try. - Jennifer - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)"

Keepin' it Real,
Tiki Chris

Chris, I hope yer not trying to say that...no, ya can't be - this sweet little 8-year old girl is some sort of a**hole, are ya? Cuz that would be kinda cruel...

, em

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 11:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-19 11:13, dogbytes wrote:
Quote:

Is this turning into the Meat Is Murder thread?

nooo.. i'd be making fun of that website if it were sponsored by Tofurkey!

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2003-03-19 11:26 ]

Wasn't necessarily referring to your posts dogbytes. But there are a few...I tell ya, it makes me wanna gnaw a raw, frozen tenderloin - and luckily I happen to have a few on hand.

gnarf,
em.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation