FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 7:48 pm   Permalink

ALL HANDS ON DECK!

[ This Message was edited by: Daves Not Home 2008-12-02 16:05 ]

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwinginTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-19 7:53 pm   Permalink

The Hula Girls?!?! I LOVE THE HULA GIRLS!

View Profile of SwinginTiki Send a personal message to SwinginTiki  Email SwinginTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 8:43 pm   Permalink

OMG, I must be there, Dave.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 9:35 pm   Permalink

I will be there unless I'm in SF seeing 3 surf bands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 12:27 pm   Permalink

I have a question for ya all. Since the remodel I have not been there. Critiki doesn't have any new pictures or reviews. I hear (Yahoo local reviews) that it's not very nice anymore, that it looks like a coffee shop inside. Have they stripped it completely of tiki? I can't imagine they would release a mug if that is the case. Anyone been there recently enough to give us a little review of what the place looks like inside now? Thanks!! KvT~

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-11-20 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-20 12:27, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I have a question for ya all. Since the remodel I have not been there. Critiki doesn't have any new pictures or reviews. I hear (Yahoo local reviews) that it's not very nice anymore, that it looks like a coffee shop inside. Have they stripped it completely of tiki? I can't imagine they would release a mug if that is the case. Anyone been there recently enough to give us a little review of what the place looks like inside now? Thanks!! KvT~

There are some recent photos and comments in the Royal Hawaiian thread in the Locating Tiki forum.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=4913&forum=2&start=105

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 1:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-20 12:27, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

I know theres some sour grapes of whats happened to the place. BUT, from what I've heard, theres a decision maker over there that wants to bring it back to its tiki hayday. Let's show them "if you build it, they will come". I think a mug is a move in the right direction. No?

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 2:53 pm   Permalink

Just because you put syrup on it dont make it pancakes!

[ This Message was edited by: Mongoloid 2008-11-20 14:54 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 3:34 pm   Permalink

If it is released by tiki farm, designed by Squid...then it's even better then a pancake.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-20 15:34, lucas vigor wrote:
If it is released by tiki farm, designed by Squid...then it's even better then a pancake.

The mug is legit! The remodel of the RH not so much! Devolution!

[ This Message was edited by: mongoloid 2008-11-20 16:38 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 4:48 pm   Permalink

Syrup? Pancakes? Are we going for brunch?

Just kidding - yeah, it does look like a "themed" Denny's but I'm going anyway. The Hula Girls and a new mug by Squid and Tiki Farm is good enough reason for tellin'. Maybe if we chip away at him . . .

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 5:55 pm   Permalink

Just needs some palm trees and cut the light in the place by half or so and you are well on your way. Hell, for music and a mug I'll go to Dennys!

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 08:11 am   Permalink

The Royal Hawaiian is now taking reservations for the event. If you want to have a table I highly suggest that you make your reservations ASAP!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 3:15 pm   Permalink

What time is the event?

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-23 15:15, GO TIKI wrote:
What time is the event?

The event is from 4pm to 10pm

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation