FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-05 12:46 pm   Permalink

is Squid gonna be there to sign his mugs?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-05 7:38 pm   Permalink

I'll be there if my Parents let me outta the house,
Too bad I can't eat because I'm broke,

Ben's right, maybe I should get into doing Tiki Decor, and steal some of his business.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jimzip
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-05 11:49 pm   Permalink

... 2 days eh? *runs for the airport*

Jimzip

View Profile of Jimzip Send a personal message to Jimzip  Goto the website of Jimzip     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 11:15 am   Permalink

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-04 19:58, WooHooWahine wrote:
What time are The Hula Girls Playing???

I saw them mention they have two long sets, first one starts at 5:30pm. If any of you see a father and 8yr son duo with tiki shirts, kickin' it with their mugs and Kiki von Tiki... be sure to stop by and say Aloha! Would love to meet everyone on the boards in person.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 5:44 pm   Permalink

The flyer on 1st page says event runs from 4 pm to 10 pm.

I will be there at 4.
I'm a big guy with long hair and goatee,

Bamboo Ben likes TVs in tiki bars and white walls,
and his mom dresses him funny.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 12:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-06 17:44, bigtikidude wrote:
The flyer on 1st page says event runs from 4 pm to 10 pm.

I will be there at 4.
I'm a big guy with long hair and goatee,

Bamboo Ben likes TVs in tiki bars and white walls,
and his mom dresses him funny.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

And I understand he thinks he's a pirate, right?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 08:34 am   Permalink

Our sets are not exactly "long" (we are a relatively new band) and we are not the main attraction at this fiesta...but we hope everyone has a good time regardless!! Hopefully one of the other girls can post here and nail down our starting time (I have no clue, I just know what time I need to report to Sgt. Bong's house). As usual, they point, I shoot.
I will be bringing a compilation CD of some of the more exotic "exotica" and more obscure lounge recordings in my collection, to play before, during our break and after. Though I kind of wish Jeff the Pool Cleaner was Dejaying..he has excellent taste in music and is an expert on exotica, surf and lounge!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 12:19 pm   Permalink

I wouldnt say im an expert on Exotica I just know what I like, I wish I had way more, see you guys at 3:30 ish

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 8:27 pm   Permalink

Well, I had a great time. Thanks Hula Girls, my son was so excited to get his first mug and was thrilled to meet some of the band... that just made his night! The atmosphere is far better than those pictures show... for the record, the walls aren't white. Very enjoyable place. My only two complaints were they were playing football on the 4 tvs around the bar even during the music, but more importantly, the drinks left a lot to be desired. My son was able to have a virgin Lapu Lapu, "the Lapu flavored mix" as the waitress said. I'm guessing my Lapu Lapu was the mix and rum? I hope she meant 'mix' as in pre-made mixture of juices rather than from a can or something. Yikes. It definitely needed more rum even if it wasn't a canned mix. *shrug* Great music and a nice tiki mug. Win/Win in my book.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 10:54 pm   Permalink

agreed my 1st Lapu Lapu seemed like all mix no booze, I said something and my 2nd one was super strong. but didnt really Taste like a correct Lapu Lapu.
a guy at our table ordered a Mai Tai.
and damned if it wasnt really close to a trader Vics Mai Tai, and strong wow!

the band was great,
fair turn out of tiki peeps for a sun night.

I wont say its amazing place, but I thought its really better looking than the pics elsewhere on TC.
I wont go there all the time, but if there is an event or band I will.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 08:56 am   Permalink

Thank you Royal Hawaiian for letting us play! And thank you TC'ers who showed up on a cold Sunday night!

I never had the Lapu-Lapu. Due to the ecomomy, several of us broke the cardinal rule and drank BEER out of our tiki mugs! The beer was mighty fine, I think!

The decor was better then I thought it would be, but it does not look old/vintage. Obviously an updated look.

The service staff were very cool! Nice and friendly.

I saw lot's of cameras...let's see some pix!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 09:33 am   Permalink

The place is actually pretty good inside.... I was pleasently surprised... The Royal Hawaiian isn't what it once was, but it is a very nice, clean looking place with lotsa OA tikis and poles and stuff... It's probably going to be a full pick up spot though. Full club-style on the weekends... No thanks.

Anyway, we had a blast playing there last night. Super fun time. Thanks to eveyone who came out and supported the event. Thanks to Holden for getting us the gig and putting out another classic mug.

Some pics by our photo friend, Just Nicole.

It was pretty rad that when we were leaving, a guy came up to me and was like, 'I thought there were gonna be Hula Girls here tonight...'
I said............ 'You just saw them.'

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 09:38 am   Permalink

waka waka waka,

fun time last night.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 09:57 am   Permalink

Had a great time last night. Just wish we could have stayed longer then dinner.

Thanks everyone,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation