FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
World premier / Royal Hawaiian exclusive Tiki mug! 12/07/08
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 10:01 am   Permalink

Yup.
....for more pictures of our drummer, Dominic, and the rest of the show last night, check out the photos on our mySpace page...
www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 12:41 pm   Permalink

showed up late last night, around 8:45 or 9. The Hula Girls were done playing already, which was a bummer. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a show some other time.

I gotta say I think they did alright on the remodel. I seem to remember hearing that the building had some code issues that had to be dealt with. Not sure if those only had to be fixed if they tried remodeling or what. It's a pretty drastic change, though.
I would change the classification from old school to neo-tiki; reminded me a lot of mr. tiki's down in SD.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 10:35 pm   Permalink

Fellas,that was another gret time! It was great to see some of the TCers that I've met before (hi PolyPop!), met Spermy and met all the guys in the band, had some good food and grog. The ribs were killer. Yep that Lapu was def not an original grog log Lapu (go see Marie at Buster's in LB for a killer Lapu Lapu), but I'll let it go. Very nice mug, my daughter is way excited to have her very own first mug, too. Great design by Squid! I have some pics too I'll post for ya tomorrow. I also did not think the remodel was as bad as some let on. Yeah, it could use some thatch and bamboo, but there were some great tiki all over the place. Love yas! Kiki v.

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2008-12-08 22:39 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 12:13 am   Permalink

This looked like a good time.

I woulda been there if I coulda. A bit of a trek from Burbank, and I had Tikiyaki rehearsal. The odds were stacked against me on this one.

Glad to see the Hula Girls gettin out and rockin'.

I think I need to move further south...I'm workin' on it.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 08:33 am   Permalink

Filmed and posted by Brian from CrystalCoveMedia:

Ladies and gentlemen, The Hula Girls performing our mega hit, "Surfing with Von Franco" at The Royal Hawaiian mug release part in Laguna Beach, Ca.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TYIkrjF3Q&feature=channel_page

thanks Brian.....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation