[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Why Today's 'Alt Rock' Sucks So Much
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Why Today's 'Alt Rock' Sucks So Much
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 4:55 pm   Permalink

People, People! Let's get back to what's important here, that Emo Sucks!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 6:19 pm   Permalink

I always thought that the band Jawbreaker was the greatest. I think they may have started a lot of today's emo stuff rolling. They did it in a sympathetic kind of way that seemed more akin to Kerouac. Most of the stuff I hear today just seems self indulgent and very cry babyish.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 6:25 pm   Permalink

I gave up on Alt Rock before it was classified.
There's enough introspection in teenagers without pity-massage and capital being introduced through music.

I hope I've alienated everyone enough through them there couple of sentences to move this thread to PUNK.

"I had, I had, I had to use the bathroom. So I went to the savings & loan."
(So obscure, not even Dr. Treebrance will get it.)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 11:54 am   Permalink

Speaking of Punk, I want to apologize for my pot stirring earlier in this thread. I was just in a mood. I understand what was actually being stated and I just decided to mess with it. Again, sorry.
Of course, if Pablus wants to start some sh*t, BRING IT ON!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

"I hope I've alienated everyone enough through them there couple of sentences to move this thread to PUNK."

Did Tiki Central get a new Punk forum? Cool! Another forum for people to not bother correctly posting in! Now that's what I call TOTAL CHAOS!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 1:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-14 18:19, Matt Reese wrote:
I always thought that the band Jawbreaker was the greatest. I think they may have started a lot of today's emo stuff rolling. They did it in a sympathetic kind of way that seemed more akin to Kerouac. Most of the stuff I hear today just seems self indulgent and very cry babyish.

Jawbreaker was good, and Dashboard Confessional, Sunny Day Real Estate & Jets to Brazil ain't bad but they were part of a downward spiral into suckitude for the entire genre. But that's just for Emo, Emocore & (the Horror! The Horror!) Screamo; there are plenty of Indie bands that've gone in different directions: Drive Like Jehu, RFTC & the Night Marchers from San Diego's own John Reis as good examples of non-weepy, non-poser Indie Rock, or how about Bob Pollard, The Apples in Stereo, Drive-by Truckers, Wilco, Witch, Earthless, The Melvins, or Warhammer 48K? They're all Indie, and they all don't suck.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-14 18:25, pablus wrote:
"I had, I had, I had to use the bathroom. So I went to the savings & loan."
(So obscure, not even Dr. Treebrance will get it.)

Damn, Pabby's right for once.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation