FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events In Seattle for Christmas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
In Seattle for Christmas
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 10:41 am   Permalink

I really hope we are going to be able to do this. I'm a little worried with the weather that we won't be able to make it up there. I will make sure to keep everyone up to date through here.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 10:35 am   Permalink

I still wanna get to ama ama day after kinishmas. even though we are totally buried in snow

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 10:57 am   Permalink

GHODOHGHODOGHOD!
Me too, also!
Count us in!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-23 6:13 pm   Permalink

we're now "iffy"

i need to get my dog to Chehalis the day after christmas, and thats going to all depend on the weather.

more snow is coming.

how are the roads in West Seattle? and the bridge?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 11:45 pm   Permalink

The roads in West Seattle and the bridge are fine, but it does help having a Subaru!
We decided not to travel out of town because of the weather, so we may join the fun
at Ama if it's still a go.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 09:57 am   Permalink

well, at this rate it should hopefully be melty by then!!!
Oh please, oh please oh please...
my car has only moved once in the last 13 days.
at least I'm not wasting gas, huh?

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 11:19 am   Permalink

I'm still not sure if we are coming or not. We got 3 more inches of snow last night and they say more is coming. It's actually been snowing ever since I got up. I also talked with my mom this morning and she said that it took her 2 hours to go from my aunt's house to I5. My aunt's house is where we are suppose to be staying. It's still so up in the air. Basically we are waiting to see if this rain really comes through or not. I will post here tomorrow to let everyone know if we went up to Seattle or not.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 09:16 am   Permalink

Snow has shifted my plans and I will now be on the road to Portland with some relatives the day after Christmas.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-25 11:48 am   Permalink

monkeyskull: ooh can Trader Pup catch a ride with you to Chehalis?

its snowing again. and rain is expected in the afternoon. then a freeze tonight. yay. bumper cars!

we'll see how things look before i commit to an evening of drinkin

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 11:48 am   Permalink

Here's the latest: We were still trying to make it up there this afternoon. However, it looks like it's a no go now for today. My mom just called and said it's snowing like crazy at my grandparent's house. My whole family is all worried about us driving up in this weather and said they would feel a lot better if we didn't make the trip. So, we are staying here and will be having Christmas with a fellow tikiphile here in Portland.

There is still a chance we will come up tomorrow though! I will post again tomorrow once we see how the weather turns.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-25 1:58 pm   Permalink

stay safe! Mrs Pinapple reports 6+ inches of snow overnight in Kirkland, and more is falling fast!

here in Leschi (near the I90 bridge) its snowing, and there's puddles of melted snow ~ which will freeze tonight, if the forecast is correct. ugh.

but luckily i have a great book to read (ok, look at the pictures).. Merry Christmas Everyone

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 8:00 pm   Permalink

Awwww, c'mon! take heart fellow tiki-nistas! It's 7:30 PM, and lopaka and I just came from xmas festivities in Monroe.
lots of people on the road!
Ok, It might of been a bit slushy on the local streets, until you get to the main arterials, but then it's fine!
here's a tip: Throw a bunch of heavy stuff in your trunk for better traction.
Tomorrow, it's gonna be even clearer...
If we're coming from the "wilds" of deepest, darkest Kenmore,Where a lot of you fear to tread,
some of you brave souls can do the same!
SOOOOOOOOO!
Who's in at the Ama @ 4:00 On Boxing day?

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 8:01 pm   Permalink

no more snow in West Seattle, and coming back from Stanwood today wasnt too bad.
Hope no freeze tomorrow, because I HAVE TO get to work. argh.
Shoveled out my driveway since the snow plows left a big pile in front of the car, went up the hill to the "murder mart" for beer.
wheeeee.
made it back to the driveway. whew.
Hope to see some of ya tomorrow.
probably make it to AMA by 4ish I hope.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 09:53 am   Permalink

do we need to make a reservation?
For how many, do you all think?

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 12:19 pm   Permalink

I have made a reservation @ 4:00 for 4...
I Know sophista- tiki and Sweetpea are coming. anyone else?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation