FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SUNDAY! 2 year anniversary Chop - Dec 7th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
SUNDAY! 2 year anniversary Chop - Dec 7th
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:20 pm   Permalink

Two years ago, as a follow up to the Left Coast Oki Oki, I opened up my house for a get together to do some carving and learn from each other.
It's been an incredible two years, I've made so many friends and learned so many new things it's absolutely mind-blowing.

To celebrate - it's time for another chop at my place! Sunday, Dec 7th. There's no Charger game that day, so there's no excuses for missing it.

Chime in if you can make it! I can setup space for clay working, painting, carving, or whatever.

Mieko

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2008-12-05 08:41 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:31 pm   Permalink

Yay Mieko!
I attended my first chop at Babalu's a week ago today! I'm planning to come to the anniversary chop! I'm trying to get Manuel come to this one too...

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 07:10 am   Permalink

Thanks for doing this on a Sunday, Mieko. I'm still working six day weeks, and there's no way I'd rather spend my one day off than carving with this fabulous group of people.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 1:17 pm   Permalink

I make this one for sure!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 7:18 pm   Permalink

Totally In!!! 2 years....wow...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 10:00 pm   Permalink

A chop on Pearl Harbor day? GREAT idea, Mieko! I'm in, man.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-24 07:29 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 5:20 pm   Permalink

ill be there. bummed i missed the last chop

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-24 5:30 pm   Permalink

count the cannibal family in .

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 7:17 pm   Permalink

Ditto Kate!

I'm in Meiko... may I bring a friend?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jab tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 8:40 pm   Permalink

Count me in!! I'll be there.

View Profile of jab tiki Send a personal message to jab tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
famvac

Posted: 2008-11-25 4:47 pm   Permalink

Okay, I am a total newbie here, but I had heard that getting to one of these is a great way to get some hints with carving. Are these open to folks just trying to learn a thing or two? Thanks!

View Profile of famvac Send a personal message to famvac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 10:11 pm   Permalink

im in
i want to carv ,chip and play in clay

famvac this is the place to come to learn how to
do this stuff

plus the new guy has to bring the donuts

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-24 19:17, hodadhank wrote:
Ditto Kate!

I'm in Meiko... may I bring a friend?

I may try and make this as long as Hank doesn't bring that weird kid and promises to wear the bird suit again.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 16:47, famvac wrote:
Okay, I am a total newbie here, but I had heard that getting to one of these is a great way to get some hints with carving. Are these open to folks just trying to learn a thing or two? Thanks!

Absolutely - all of us were newbies trying to learn a thing or two not that long ago.

I'll PM you my address (as well as anyone else that I know that might not have it - bug me if you don't get it and need it).

I will have food and some drinks, but we do encourage people to bring something to share.

It's also a great place to learn about different tools, I'm always happy to share my tools.

House Rules: no young kids (don't want anyone getting hurt), limited chainsaw work (front driveway is the only decent place for it, and don't want to make the neighbors too angry).

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation