FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Beware of this seller:
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Beware of this seller:
buddylove
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Posts: 34
Posted: 2008-11-24 7:57 pm   Permalink

This seller has recast my company SSN's original Brady tiki and has been selling it through various locations. He is a fraud and our people are currently looking into dealing with the situation. Please do not buy from this seller: http://tikitalk.astropad.com/index.php?s=brady+bunch Mahalo

 View Profile of buddylove Send a personal message to buddylove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 06, 2003
Posts: 5856
From: CaliTikifornia
Posted: 2008-11-24 8:07 pm   Permalink

Brings back those Tiki Toa days.
Where does the time go.


 
View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Posts: 3673
From: HELL
Posted: 2008-11-25 08:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-24 20:07, Unga Bunga wrote:
Brings back those Tiki Toa days.
Where does the time go.




..don't worry..tiki toa is still among us...in the form of tiki central's own "kahu"....welcome back toa!!
_________________


 
View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 23, 2003
Posts: 2156
From: www.crazedmugs.com
Posted: 2008-11-25 08:26 am   Permalink


Well, let's see.

TikiTalk says that the guy who originally did the piece was ripped off.
So are you the guy that is selling them there on TikiTalk or are you the guy that they're talking about as having taken the idea?

I'm certain of one thing: Hot Lava is a straight up kane who would never, ever be involved knowingly in any kind of scam whatsoever. So I'm inclined to believe him in almost all cases, unless it's something to do with a clock or a watch. In which case, I'm certain he doesn't know what they're for.


 
View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Posts: 3032
From: West Bay Park, San Diego, CA
Posted: 2008-11-25 11:36 am   Permalink

CoCo Joe just called and wants HIS tiki back!




I think I'll cast a few of these and undercut both you guys. $5.99 Brady Bunch Idol anyone?

No sheriff in town, right?
Buzzy Out!
_________________


 View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 13, 2006
Posts: 1425
From: San Diego
Posted: 2008-11-25 2:33 pm   Permalink

Buzzy -- If you'll drill a hole in it and attach a string, you got a deal!


 
View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Posts: 3673
From: HELL
Posted: 2008-11-25 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 14:33, arriano wrote:
Buzzy -- If you'll drill a hole in it and attach a string, you got a deal!





..for $5.99 i'll drill my own damn hole and provide my own string!!...yeesh! isn't it enough that buzzy is offering these at a huge discount without the hole and the string?? LOL


 
View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddylove
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Posts: 34
Posted: 2008-11-25 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 08:26, pablus wrote:

Well, let's see.

TikiTalk says that the guy who originally did the piece was ripped off.
So are you the guy that is selling them there on TikiTalk or are you the guy that they're talking about as having taken the idea?

I'm certain of one thing: Hot Lava is a straight up kane who would never, ever be involved knowingly in any kind of scam whatsoever. So I'm inclined to believe him in almost all cases, unless it's something to do with a clock or a watch. In which case, I'm certain he doesn't know what they're for.


The original sculpt is ours. He recast our piece and is selling it on tiki talk. We have shut him down before. The statement made on Tiki Talk is false and actually the complete opposite. He bought one from us and recast it. Sure the Brady name is not the matter at hand. The sculpture is. It is illegal to reproduce an original sculpture in art form without consent from the artist. The original sculpt was done in a material called sculpey. it is then baked and hardened to mold. We still have the original baked piece. Not to mention photos of it being worked on. The match is undeniable. The only difference is the way he paints them. When an artist creates a piece that is "inspired by" but is still an original work of art, he or she is protected by law. The tiki used on the show is now considered an antique. The "design" is generic and public domain. Meaning, no one can claim rights to a "ku warrior" design. Although, original sculptures and paintings are protected. The seller has been contacted to remove this item. It is now out of our hands and in the hands of the law.


 
View Profile of buddylove Send a personal message to buddylove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jan 13, 2006
Posts: 1769
From: las vegas
Posted: 2008-11-25 7:29 pm   Permalink

please to explain how this "sculpey" works . . .

so obscure you are.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2008-11-25 19:32 ]


 
View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 07, 2005
Posts: 2276
From: The Polynesian Port of NOLA
Posted: 2008-11-25 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 19:26, buddylove wrote:


The tiki used on the show is now considered an antique.



Actually, I'm pretty sure, it isn't, strictly by definition:
Quote:

ANTIQUE: any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.


_________________
"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
-Catherine Aird


 
View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddylove
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Posts: 34
Posted: 2008-11-26 12:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 19:29, pdrake wrote:
please to explain how this "sculpey" works . . .

so obscure you are.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2008-11-25 19:32 ]

Sculpey is a polymer sculpting clay that never dries out, but when baked, becomes rock hard. You can even drill it and sand it. Great for small sculptures, jewelry etc.
Quote:

On 2008-11-25 22:17, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-25 19:26, buddylove wrote:


The tiki used on the show is now considered an antique.



Actually, I'm pretty sure, it isn't, strictly by definition:
Quote:

ANTIQUE: any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.




What I meant was, the "gift shop" tiki bought by the prop master to use on the show is no longer available, a rarity, a collectible. An "antique" does not necessarily have to be 100 years prior to. The actual piece used in the filming of the Brady episode was made in the 60's. It is now 2008 so I think we are safe to say that if you were to find a Coco Joe original (or such company) from that time period, one would consider it an antique


 
View Profile of buddylove Send a personal message to buddylove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Feb 09, 2003
Posts: 640
From: Just up the road from Chef Shangri-La
Posted: 2008-11-26 04:36 am   Permalink

Quote:
What I meant was, the "gift shop" tiki bought by the prop master to use on the show is no longer available, a rarity, a collectible. An "antique" does not necessarily have to be 100 years prior to. The actual piece used in the filming of the Brady episode was made in the 60's. It is now 2008 so I think we are safe to say that if you were to find a Coco Joe original (or such company) from that time period, one would consider it an antique



No, one would concider it a vintage collectible, but it is surely not an Antique! And yes you did rip off Coco Joe!!!!! Hope this helps.


[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2008-11-26 04:39 ]


 
View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddylove
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Posts: 34
Posted: 2008-11-26 5:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:


No, one would concider it a vintage collectible, but it is surely not an Antique! And yes you did rip off Coco Joe!!!!! Hope this helps.


[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2008-11-26 04:39 ]

Ripping someone off would be taking an original and recasting it right off that piece such as our friend at Tiki Talk did. An original sculpture based on a generic "ku warrior" design is hardly ripping one off.


 
View Profile of buddylove Send a personal message to buddylove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jan 13, 2006
Posts: 1769
From: las vegas
Posted: 2008-11-26 7:47 pm   Permalink

is sculpey dense?

 
View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddylove
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Posts: 34
Posted: 2008-11-27 01:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-26 19:47, pdrake wrote:
is sculpey dense?

Sculpey is firm with a slight wax consistency to it. You can soften it up in your hands. The stuff you want to try is called Super Sculpey. You can use any type of tool on it and it can be smoothed out with a brush and Terpanoid. Before baking it of course.


 
View Profile of buddylove Send a personal message to buddylove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation