[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki cool metal tiki carving
cool metal tiki carving
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 6:37 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2819229109&category=20156

i like it but it's way too expensive for me!

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-20 10:54 am   Permalink

Pretty cool, it looks welded (which makes sense since KustomKid.com is a custom, I mean Kustom, welding shop), as opposed to cast (Kast?), and probably aluminum.

I haven't seen too many metal tikis out there, has anyone else? I find the idea intriguing. It isn't too difficult to melt & cast aluminum, and I could work up a model to cast from pretty easily... Hmmm...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the middle of moving, so I can't work on anything yet, but I'd appreciate any input.

-Fred

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ikit
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-20 8:32 pm   Permalink

I saw a metal Tiki looking thing in the new movei "The hunted". It was towards the end of the movie and it was hung on a tree. It was not this nice though!

View Profile of Ikit Send a personal message to Ikit      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 08:51 am   Permalink

Y'know....I've been having a thought about taking this aluminum canoe in my back yard and...well, with a few cut outs and creative smashing and bending...maybe a light or tiki torch inside....turning it into a tiki...Let me know if it sounds plausible to you guys! Mahalo, Grey

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ikit
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-21 09:51 am   Permalink

Mark it up first and then take a picture and play with it on the computer. I think you may have a hard time cutting through the hull though.

The head may be a challenge as well.

View Profile of Ikit Send a personal message to Ikit      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation