FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-25 10:10 pm   Permalink

NEW YEAR'S EVE !!!

Not going to an exotic island this year for the Holidays ? Well, fear not, we're bringing the Tropical Vacation to YOU.

The Jungle Jetsetter's New Years Eve Ball starring the TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA !

Come ring in the New Year in Paradise with the Tikiyaki Orchestra at KONA in Huntington Beach, where we'll once again be taking over the Kona Room and Hidden Village for another Aloha-filled evening of Tiki, Exotic music, and fine food and cocktails

We'll be performing many new tunes from our upcoming CD, some cool covers and the Tikiyaki classics all in the amazing Tiki Paradise of KONA restaurant.

Joining us will be the exotic and intoxicating Dancing Tehani performing her own brand of Hula and bellydancing, the Eliminators, an amazing classic style surf band from OC (http://www.theeliminators.com) and DJ BigTikiDude spinning surf,exotica, Hawaiian and lounge all night.

Doors at 8:00
The Eliminators at 9:00
Tikiyaki Orchestra : 2 sets starting at 10:15 and 11:30.

NEW !!! - We'll also have a limited number of hand carved wooden official Tikiyaki Orchestra Pendants, carved right here in the USA.
An amazing deal at only $10

You can purchase your tickets online via Paypal at
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com or http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
Admission is $15 (plus $1 paypal fee)
KIDS 5 and under get in free.

KONA Restaurant (formerly Sam’s Seafood)
16278 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
1 mile south of Seal Beach Blvd.
(562) 592-1321

Get your tickets now !

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-13 09:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-30 11:56 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 10:59 pm   Permalink

I wanna go! Is there any sober drivers from the Los Angeles area that has room for 2?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-25 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 22:59, Coco Joe wrote:
I wanna go! Is there any sober drivers from the Los Angeles area that has room for 2?

KONA is trying to coordinate discount rates for the 2 motels next door so that people can stay overnight. I will be posting more details on that as soon as I get them.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 09:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

tikiyaki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-25 22:59, Coco Joe wrote:

KONA is trying to coordinate discount rates for the 2 motels next door so that people can stay overnight. I will be posting more details on that as soon as I get them.

That is awesome. That's really cool of them to do that... pretty nice motels too!

It's like a little local vacation for anyone in the LA area. You can wake up and get Harbor House for breakfast and take a stoney walk on the beach down to the breakwall in front of Surfside...

If I wasn't already booked out that night myself, my wife and I would be definitely going to this!

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MamboKing
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:11 am   Permalink

I too would be at this if I hadn't already made plans to go out of town. Kona is walking distance from my place.

View Profile of MamboKing Send a personal message to MamboKing  Email MamboKing Goto the website of MamboKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:54 am   Permalink

The tikiyaki orchestra! What better way to start the new year?

If anyone has not by now heard these guys, please mark your calendars. Tikiyaki orchestra is the "real deal" when it comes to exotica. Simply outstanding. JIm Bacchi is the very essence of tiki, and would have fit in perfect during the golden age of tiki along with Les, Martin and Arthur. When I hear the T.O., I think of fake cantonese food with lots of MSG and sweet and sour sauce....and I mean that in a good way!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-26 10:54, lucas vigor wrote:
The tikiyaki orchestra! What better way to start the new year?

If anyone has not by now heard these guys, please mark your calendars. Tikiyaki orchestra is the "real deal" when it comes to exotica. Simply outstanding. JIm Bacchi is the very essence of tiki, and would have fit in perfect during the golden age of tiki along with Les, Martin and Arthur. When I hear the T.O., I think of fake cantonese food with lots of MSG and sweet and sour sauce....and I mean that in a good way!

No better compliment than THAT as far as I'm concerned...I'm honored that you think of "Sweet and Sawah" when you think of the T.O. Thanx !

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 4:38 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 9:33 pm   Permalink

I'm so all over this.
great event.

do you know if Motorhomes are allowed to park in the Lot?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:05 pm   Permalink

I saw that tickets must be bought online thru Myspace.
what if we dont have myspace or Paypal?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:38 pm   Permalink

sorry,problem copying post, to post on surfguitar101

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-11-26 23:40 ]

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-27 10:26 am   Permalink

You can pay at the door, with a credit card too, but for advance tickets, Paypal is all we got right now.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-27 10:43 am   Permalink

what im saying is you might want to consider doing a paypal of advance tix on your web site.
So people don't have to join Myspace to buy tix.

Or am I assuming wrong, that you have to join myspace to do that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-27 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-27 10:43, bigtikidude wrote:
what im saying is you might want to consider doing a paypal of advance tix on your web site.
So people don't have to join Myspace to buy tix.

Or am I assuming wrong, that you have to join myspace to do that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Absolutely wrong, actually. You can just go to the MySpace page and buy tickets whether you're on MySpace or not.

The Website is under construction currently and a new site will be up very soon, so I'm using MySpace for everything until then.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-27 12:16 pm   Permalink

Ah thanks for the clarification.

Jeff(Bigtikidude)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation