FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-28 4:56 pm   Permalink

I just received an email from Bill from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers who was involved in a car accident a few days ago.
Unfortunately, he sustained some injuries that will prohibit him from playing the show on New Year's Eve.

We are currently looking for a band to fill in for them, so I will post the update when I find another band.

I hope this isn't an issue for those who've already purchased tickets. If so, please contact me at
tikiyaki@gmail.com

Here's wishing Bill a speedy recovery, and we're looking forward to getting a chance to do a show with The Glasgow Tiki Shakers in the future.

Mahalo

Jim

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 12:47 pm   Permalink

Wow, that sucks. Hope he recovers quickly.

Exotiki would love to share the bill with you guys... BUT... I have to play somewhere else on New Years already.

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 12:54 pm   Permalink

Yes here is wishing Bill a get well soon.
I know that the Tiki Crowd has always been receptive to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 2:06 pm   Permalink

Don't know Bill but I hope the dude's alright and i hope to see the rest of yous there.

Big Tiki Dude wanted me to ask if there's going to be any special mugs

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-29 3:57 pm   Permalink

Best Wishes to Bill for a Speedy Recovery!! My wish list would be: The Smokin Menehunes

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 4:17 pm   Permalink

I would like that too, but Kevin and i are the only ones available out of our two bands.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 4:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-29 14:06, Coco Joe wrote:
Big Tiki Dude wanted me to ask if there's going to be any special mugs

I know my ugly mug will be there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-29 4:41 pm   Permalink

King Kukulele and the Freaky Tikis?

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-30 08:51 am   Permalink

Just found a great photo stream of the Old Sam's Seafood before it was remodeled a few years ago.

Man...everything was White....

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3DSam%2527s%2BSeafood%26ni%3D18%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26xargs%3D0%26pstart%3D1%26b%3D109&w=500&h=375&imgurl=static.flickr.com%2F111%2F288081707_d2205ed48a.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F13536285%40N00%2F288081707%2F&size=110.5kB&name=Sam%27s+Seafood%2C+Seal+Beach%2C+Monticello+Apts.%2CHuntin...&p=Sam%27s+Seafood&type=JPG&oid=8d608cbfcb5d22b8&fusr=3+Strikes&tit=Sam%27s+Seafood%2C+Seal+Beach%2C+Monticello+Apts.%2CHuntin...&hurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F13536285%40N00%2F&no=118&tt=491&sigr=11kqsnu2a&sigi=11eeh4cmv&sigb=13htkdhhr&sigh=11aa21hdu

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Don Brewski
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-30 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-28 16:56, tikiyaki wrote:
I just received an email from Bill from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers who was involved in a car accident a few days ago.
Unfortunately, he sustained some injuries that will prohibit him from playing the show on New Year's Eve.

We are currently looking for a band to fill in for them, so I will post the update when I find another band.

I hope this isn't an issue for those who've already purchased tickets. If so, please contact me at tikiyaki@gmail.com

Here's wishing Bill a speedy recovery, and we're looking forward to getting a chance to do a show with The Glasgow Tiki Shakers in the future.

Mahalo

Jim

Here-Here! to a speedy recovery Bill! Bill is one of the un-sung greats of the Surf scene, Get well soon!

Hey Max!(Jims alter-ego folks) I'll see what I can do to gather a certain tiki friendly act from days gone by... no promises.

WHOO!

View Profile of Don Brewski Send a personal message to Don Brewski  Goto the website of Don Brewski     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-30 10:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-30 21:11, Don Brewski wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-28 16:56, tikiyaki wrote:

I hope this isn't an issue for those who've already purchased tickets. If so, please contact me at tikiyaki@gmail.com

Mahalo

Jim

Here-Here! to a speedy recovery Bill! Bill is one of the un-sung greats of the Surf scene, Get well soon!

Hey Max!(Jims alter-ego folks) I'll see what I can do to gather a certain tiki friendly act from days gone by... no promises.

WHOO!

WHOO !

Don Brewski is on TC. One of the original Tiki Peeps from way back in the day. Welcome to TC and yea, I hope you can pull through on this...that'd be great.

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 07:28 am   Permalink

UPDATE !

The Eliminators from Orange County will be on the bill and starting off the night. Classic style surf. Thanx to BigTikiDude for the hookup, and did I mention that the Big Guy will be spinning tunes all night ?

So there ya have it.

The Tikiyaki Orchestra with Dancing Tehani
The Eliminators
DJ Big Tiki Dude

Gonna be a great New Year's Eve.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 07:50 am   Permalink

WOOOHOOOO..
oh whooops
I mean yeeehaaaaa.

thanks Jim,
you da man,

so what time can people start showing up?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-03 07:50, bigtikidude wrote:
WOOOHOOOO..
oh whooops
I mean yeeehaaaaa.

thanks Jim,
you da man,

so what time can people start showing up?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

People can show up for dinner in the dining room anytime, but doors to the Hidden Village and KONA room open at 8:00

The kitchen will be working late too.

KONA will have a set menu with 3 different choices that will include appetizer and dessert, starting at $25 (Price includes tax and gratuity !) and will be available until 10:00.

Appetizers will be available until 11:00 for those needing to further soak up the booze

There will be a complimentary champagne toast at 12:00 too of course.

So, compared to most other New Year's Eve events, this one will be very reasonably priced. We really tried to keep the prices very affordable in this tough economic time.

Hope to see all the TC folks there, so we can say thanx in person for a great first year for the Orchestra.

Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 2:02 pm   Permalink

I would be there in a heartbeat, but luck would have it that i will be in Rome on New Years, who would have thought??? But im spreading the word that if for some reason you cant make it to Italy, that Kona is the place to be drinking bottles of bub when the 09 ball drops. Tikiyaki and Eliminators is one classy way to start the new year. Raise a glass for me boys!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation