FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 05:55 am   Permalink

Ok Cats & Kittens,

The contracts are signed, the bands are aaaaaaaalmost all on board, and we've got some info for ya on next years NETT.

Things are gonna be a little different for next year. Different how?

No buses.

Yup, you read that right. Don't worry, the bus tour will return in '10, but on an exploratory excursion with RugbyMatt, we found a place that's just dying to have an event.

Next year we'll be at the Tiki Resort (formerly the Tiki Motor Lodge) in wacky Lake George, NY. (Its in your Book of Tiki!!)

Dates : Sept 18-20, 2009

I'd encourage everyone to come out on Thursday, or stay thru to Monday to see all the cool roadside weirdness that Lake George still has to offer. As a purely seasonal town, its remained relative unspoiled since the 60s with tons of old school architecture, and motor lodges, and crazy roadside attractions.

The Resort itself is pretty much intact as well, with a Polynesian Show, a fantastic tiki bar/lounge, and a completely tikified pool area (not to mention all the tikis you'll find ALL around the resort).

Tickets are going to be $75, and that includes a Polynesian dinner show (tax & gratuity included.....just sit, eat & enjoy!), bands, crawl, our usual wackiness, and some special surprises & keepsakes.

The staff is making cocktails using recipes we provide, and the dinner itself is being custom tailored for us!! They're as excited as we are about having a big bunch of tikiphiles descend upon the place!!

As usual, more info to come as we hash out the details, but save the dates. I'll post room booking info in about a week, and the website should be live & taking orders before the end of the year.

Thanks for continuing to support the NETT, and we'll see you on the bu....ummm...at the lake!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-12-03 12:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bargoyle 2008-12-09 06:03 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-26 12:40 pm   Permalink

W H O A A H H H H !!!!!!

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 1:02 pm   Permalink

*cannotwaitcannotwaitcannotwait!*

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 2:12 pm   Permalink

A few teaser pics...

the bar in the Paradise Room:

Front, at night...

Swinging pool area...

Weird roadside attractions? check!

This is definitely one event you don't want to miss.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 5:52 pm   Permalink

you TEASE!!!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

SWEEEET! this ones gonna be a blast!

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2008-12-03 17:56 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 7:35 pm   Permalink

Their show is great! I hope I can make this one, but it's way too early to tell!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mortis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-30 5:19 pm   Permalink

WOOT! I'll be packin' an extra liver for this one!....
(ok, just don't ask any questions about that)

View Profile of Tiki Mortis Send a personal message to Tiki Mortis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

its on the calendar -
I took a few pics in posted them a bit ago - this will be a fun time! Also note they have a 80 style disco room too! right next the bar!

Heres a link to a batch of pics mine and others...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21674&forum=2&hilite=lake%20george

Hopefully someone from the motor lodge from "back in the day" - will be around to let us in on the story of the place and the older set up!

PS I smell room room crawl!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 12:36 pm   Permalink

Pay no attention to the link at the bottom, the web page isnt updated yet, but JPMArtDog was generous enough to lend his considerable talents to this years (formerly)NETT and I just had to share the artwork.....

Ladies & gentlemen,

Northeast Tiki Tour proudly presents.... OHANA : Luau at the Lake

Reservation info next week!

Jon is still working on the artwork, but I think its pretty killin already.

Thanks Jon!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-12-03 13:22 ]

croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 4:19 pm   Permalink

WOAH!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET Poster!!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 9:38 pm   Permalink

Sumbudy named Jon rawks.

Bitchin' Poster!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 9:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, hope you're selling the poster again. This one rocks! Way to go Jon!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 07:37 am   Permalink

Wow, fabulous poster! I hope there will be copies for sale. *ohpleaseohplease*

This looks like an amazing event. The mister and I will be there with bells on! And leis! And...uh, kukui nuts and stuff!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 07:59 am   Permalink

Excellent work as always, Jon. I can't wait to seethe finished piece.

Aloha!
Gina

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation