FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-01 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-01 10:33, Hula Cat wrote:...was having a rare and well earned hangover and NEVER expected to be getting a Tiki for our cocktail....I promise to get you all a sample of "Fire in the Dole" at the next event...a humble thank you from Tiki Trainer and myself.

Hula Cat, hope you enjoy your "George" Best Drink Trophy!

Lovingly hand carved by yours truly!

Congratulations!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 06:58 am   Permalink

Hey Folks,

Just a heads up.

We had a few things left over from Ohana, and I just got around to unpacking the car & going through it all, and we're now ready to sell it off!!!

You can check it out at :
http://www.luauatthelake.com/ohanastore.html

So, if you couldn't make it to Ohana this year, but thought to yourself "Golly, that Ohana event merchandise sure looks swell! I wish I could buy some of it" , well then, now is your chance.

Even if you WERE with us, but you didn't get a poster or mug or whatever 'cause you didn't want to travel with it, or you need another Ohana mag 'cause you spilled a Mai Tai all over the one you got with your swag, we've got some left.

We have only a VERY limited amount of George Packs (about 30) so if you want in on one of those, move FAST!!

As always, we thank you for your continued support, and we'll see ya at the Lake in 2010 (details SOON).

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 09:32 am   Permalink

AND......Don't forget that 1/2 of the purchase price of your OHANA merchandise goes to Charity!

So....not only do you get a really cool mug, pendant poster and/or magazine, you ALSO feel good helping out the Easter Island Foundation who supports the people of Polynesia & Rapa Nui (www.islandheritage.org)

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 9:40 pm   Permalink

Thank you Lake Surfer, The tiki is a favorite of ours and may be featured in a local article about the event. Vermont is slowly becoming aware of how cool,hip and fun we ohana have it! Can war canoe races on the river be far away?....

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 09:28 am   Permalink

For all of you who missed OHANA Luau at the Lake, you can read an overview of the event, with some more pictures from the weekend HERE:

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/

And, for those of you who were able to join us for OHANA, you can re-live some of those happy times just a bit, too

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-06 4:11 pm   Permalink

Did anyone get the name of the soup they served at the dinner show? Damn that was good!

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-06 5:26 pm   Permalink

I think it was a chicken curry soup.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-07 06:28 am   Permalink

Mmm, that was tasty. But I thought everything was good. I've been on a Spam kick for the last 2 weeks!

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-07 07:33 am   Permalink

and I wish you'd stop it with those e-mails.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-07 09:57 am   Permalink

Ohana Magazine is the bomb. I'm still finding cool stuff in there, and I've been through it like five times.

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-07 09:57, kristiki wrote:
Ohana Magazine is the bomb. I'm still finding cool stuff in there, and I've been through it like five times.

I'm sure yours is all marked up with red pen marks. Sorry about the typos folks. Self-published and self-printed in 24 hours, we didnt have enough time to proof read. Next years will be grammatically perfect, I promise.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 07:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-08 11:29, Bargoyle wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-07 09:57, kristiki wrote:

I'm sure yours is all marked up with red pen marks. Sorry about the typos folks. Self-published and self-printed in 24 hours, we didnt have enough time to proof read. Next years will be grammatically perfect, I promise.

Hah, I got my brakes fixed the weekend after Ohana and took the mag to read while I was waiting. I figured you did most of them to mess with us.....

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-09 10:58 am   Permalink

Pappy, please post the answers to the typo hunt.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 10:33 am   Permalink

Ok, for those who didnt get the email blast today, we've got the Feedback Questionnaire posted.

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/feedback.html

I know, its on the NeTT site, not the Ohana site, but dont be confused.

Please take a couple of minutes to fill it out and help us make next year even better.

Its completely anonymous, so be honest. You wont hurt our feelings. If something sucked, we need to know about it to fix it.

We're already planning for next year, so the sooner you can give us your feedback, the better.

Mahalo!!!

paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 07:54 am   Permalink

Here's a video of Bamboo Saxotica featuring Jimmy Virani on the theremin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xCBjCoCC30

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation