FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show in Hollywood Opening Night Friday, Dec 12 'Tis The Season To Be Tiki! WHAT A BLAST!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show in Hollywood Opening Night Friday, Dec 12 'Tis The Season To Be Tiki! WHAT A BLAST!
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-12 11:44 am   Permalink

I will be there with Holiday Bells on! Wow I was feeling awful at the Tonga Hut last week & I had to cut out so it will be nice to visit & do some GREAT shopping. I see there are some new additions in the line up too! Ho, Ho, Ho, see ya there!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 11:49 am   Permalink

Hope to see lots of you tonight!!!!!!!!
Everyones stuff looks great, got to see some of it in person yesterday, really tops. Was there for just a minute, and only saw some of the stuff up in place, but Babs, that bowl is a standout piece of the show, i hate that my junk will even be in close proximity!!!! Christopher Sowers large piece is a powerful image, and Amber's pieces, specially the Maori ones are killer. Did not see Tobunga's piece at the time but the posted pic looks cool, i look forward to taking in all the artists work tonight!
Tobunga, that was a big build up, hopefully people dig the work. The Modern Maori bowl, which i will post pics of later, is by far technically the toughest thing i have done, though whether that is evident will be up to all of you.
Here is the other new piece i will have at the show, the Pele Wakes bowl. Sorry for the crappy pics, was in a rush to shoot her before i dropped her off at the gallery. These pics kill the intricacies of the glaze work and do not represent the colors very well. If you look close you can see the dry ice fog that comes out of the lava Pele is throwing into the air via a chamber inside of her.
Enough of my Blah Blah Blah, looking forward to hanging out with folks, and thanks to Tobunga for putting this show together!

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2008-12-12 12:32 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-12 11:51 am   Permalink

Shit Cass! That's off the hook! See you tonight gonna be fun!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 11:54 am   Permalink

You da bomb Cass!! Sweeeet!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-11 18:45, GO TIKI wrote:
"Tis The Season To Be Tiki" Dani and I are looking forward to seeing and meeting a bunch of TC'ers, We made a small batch of "Limited Edition" Holiday pendents for the show for FREE to any TC'ers who want one, Come to the show and say Hi and lets have a cocktail! Ask me early I think they will go fast! They all ways do! Cheers! See Ya There! Gogo

Wow Gogo! Those pendants are AWESOME! I'll certainly want to get my hands on one!

I look forward to finally meeting you and Dani in person tonight!

7 HOURS TO GO!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:03 pm   Permalink

WOAH, CASS!!! Just saw your Pele Bowl! FREAKIN' INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to check it out tonight!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:45 pm   Permalink

We will have to toast the legacy of Bettie Page tonight!!!! Long live the Queen of the Pinup!!!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 1:37 pm   Permalink

Pele wakes and lady Phoenix rises!

Cracks and crevices in the volcanic crater to hold flame and dry ice? Cass, genius! Pure genius!

sandz

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 2:19 pm   Permalink

that bowl is off da hook! ill see you all there tonight!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 4:09 pm   Permalink

Three hours to go!

I just stopped by the gallery... it it absolutley jam-packed with awesome tiki art!

I'm very excited!

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 4:18 pm   Permalink

Holy COW, Cass! That is totally amazing. Wish I could be there tonight to ogle it in person. Have fun & CONGRATS- that some beautiful art~ -Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 12:48 am   Permalink

What a blast, exhausted, will post more later and pics at the bar afterward (Kelly, the Thai joint had a bouncer who would not let the four of us in) but here is a photo i did not get posted before the show, the Modern Maori bowl.
Thanks Eric and Bradley! had a blast with everybody, gotta crash out.

and a special thanks to those of you that made the drive from orange county, 2 hours in traffic, and Thomas, 4 hours, shit!!!

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2008-12-13 11:51 ]

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 07:42 am   Permalink

Sounds like you guys had a fun time. I'm bummed I had to work yesterday. Post pics when you can.

Cass, that Modern Maori is really very cool. My favorite of piece of yours. For me, you are starting to jump from craft into higher art with this direction. I would love to see a show with all of your altered bust pieces together. Killa work man!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 10:36 am   Permalink

that was a good time, thanks for putting it together eric! good seeing all you tiki art folks again, and good meeting new tiki faces like oceaotica and go tiki

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-12-13 10:37 ]

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 08:33 am   Permalink

Great Job! Thank You Eric, The opening night of the show was Very Fun, Also Thank You, Bradley of Brick and Mortar, Some very cool art, And lots of it! Cheers! Gogo and Dani

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation