FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mark Thomas Outrigger, Monterey, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mark Thomas Outrigger, Monterey, CA (restaurant)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 5:35 pm   Permalink

The Torch is gone? Bummer, that thing was so cool.

Now, I did see this torch outside of Bongofury's Rincon Room during the Adventures in Paradise party this summer. Coincidence???

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-07 9:25 pm   Permalink

Here's a tiny contribution to this excellent thread. Not exactly the find of the century, but here's an old cocktail parasol from the Outrigger. It's all beat up, but hopefully to add a little entertainment value, I took some license and pasted in two drinks from DC's menus on page 1, that seem to show the same umbrella.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-11-07 11:11 pm   Permalink

That's awesome Aquarj,
the way you put that together it looks like a postcard that would incite a bidding war if it were real.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-15 6:51 pm   Permalink

I found this image on the web a few months ago but I neglected to write down the source. Definitely not my favorite matchbook but I wanted to include it anyway.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 7:57 pm   Permalink

I was at my Mom's house today looking at some old photo albums. A nice walk down memory lane. Well what do ya know? I found this old 1970 photo of my mom in front of the Outrigger. From now on whenever I look at old photo albums I will be keeping an eye out for tiki.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 8:47 pm   Permalink

Abstract,

Nice family photo find on the Outrigger. My mom used to take me to Cannery Row as a kid too, I'm sure I have seen the Outrigger.

I found this photo of the 1978 fire that destroyed the Outrigger. I added some daytime shots for comparison.

You can see the Outrigger directional sign on the left and the A-frame on the right.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 4:36 pm   Permalink

I saw this Outrigger table lamp on ebay a while back, but did not buy it for $100. It was advertised as being from the restaurant.

I wondered if it was really from the restaurant or a homemade job made from the mug. I looked at the postcards, and Bingo! There it was at the back of the table on the close up posted by Chub.

Have not seen one of these before, should have grabbed it!

DC

abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 10:48 am   Permalink

A great and rare artifact. I wonder how the owner got it.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 09:12 am   Permalink

Spotted this beauty of a dinner menu from the Outrigger on ebay.

I dig the flying fish!

DC

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-14 10:06 pm   Permalink

found this today

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-22 8:11 pm   Permalink

Today's find
Matches

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2014-01-22 20:12 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation