FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge what bummed you out today?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
what bummed you out today?
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 5:53 pm   Permalink

seeing this:

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 10:22 pm   Permalink

Last call.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 01:31 am   Permalink

Couldn't make it to the Tonga Hut.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 09:28 am   Permalink

4 huge flat Screens blaring the Football game, while trying to relax and eat/drink at the Royal Hawaiian.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 12:42 pm   Permalink

It's always a kind of culture clash. Us tiki people VS the locals who give two craps about tiki but love their football and want everything to be a sports bar.

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-08 12:42 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 12:26 pm   Permalink

I feel for crap about the math final. The good news is my general performance was decent through the term so I'm hoping what left a middle C taste in my mouth today will mix out into what would be a low B. However, given my mood right now if I see a low B I might just step on it. Shouldn't Bs all be asleep or dead by this time of year anyway?

Compounding this bummer I am riding on: Pandora ain't turnin' out to be as nearly cool as I thought it was on my first encounter. Most of the songs it has picked for me this round I have hated. I wish instead of just the thumbs down button Pandora had a "Give This Song The Finger!" button. I guess the internet radio can't be the Little Ones or Snow Machine all the time. If it wasn't for crap like ______ or _____ * we wouldn't know what good music was.

But speaking of more bad news and music: Somewhere last year one of my Christmas Cocktails CDs went missing, damn it. Also last year I apparently left my Lushy Xmas album (Snowflake Surprise...Quite sweet and too damned short)in my sisters Ford Focus which is now with here and my brother-in-law and my almost here brand new nephew down in Ridgefield.

Speaking of bad news and Xmas: Albertson's egg nog ain't so great. But that was yesterday's bummer.

I love this thread! (Wait, that's the wrong post for here.)

* I'd name band names but I don't wanna make anyone cry.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 1:33 pm   Permalink

Well I got laid off.

BUMMMMMMMER

On a positive note I am a total "Things happen for a reason" type person anyways so I am not super worried. I also , thankfully, got severance and approved for unemployment so at least my bills will be ok.

Still it does suck. Is 2008 over yet???? I am so ready for a new year already

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-09 2:26 pm   Permalink

I took the day off to go stone crab diving with a friend. I have not been diving in two years, I cant fit in my wet suit anymore so could not...well, breathe my suit was so tight, even though we had Nitrous. Not sure why we were using Nitrous tanks on a 20 foot dive, I was using provided tanks. I was bobbing like a cork unable to achieve neutral buoyancy despite picking up all the rocks my BC could hold. Visibility was about two feet with a strong current in a congested boating area. That, on top of being out of shape, led to me having to "Suck out". So....I got drunk. Not a total loss, I made the right decision, but it bummed me out!

I prefer WARM open water dives with unlimited visibility and a guide. So I'm spoiled. So what.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 8:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-08 09:28, bigtikidude wrote:
4 huge flat Screens blaring the Football game, while trying to relax and eat/drink at the Royal Hawaiian.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AT LEAST THE MONITORS AT.....

FRANKIES TIKI ROOM

IN

LAS VEGAS ( PICTURE ON FIRST POST)

SHOW

CRAZY AL AND APE

AND PAST OASIS

AND FREAKY TIKI SHIT!!!!!!

WHAT BUMS ME OUT IS ALL THE COMPLAINERS.

IF YOU WANT A BAR WITHOUT TV'S....

...THEN OPEN YOUR OWN GOD DAM BAR!!!!!!

(WITHOUT TV'S)

IT'S SIMPLE!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-09 20:24, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-12-08 09:28, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AT LEAST THE MONITORS AT.....

FRANKIES TIKI ROOM

IN

LAS VEGAS ( PICTURE ON FIRST POST)

SHOW

CRAZY AL AND APE

AND PAST OASIS

AND FREAKY TIKI SHIT!!!!!!

WHAT BUMS ME OUT IS ALL THE COMPLAINERS.

IF YOU WANT A BAR WITHOUT TV'S....

...THEN OPEN YOUR OWN GOD DAM BAR!!!!!!

(WITHOUT TV'S)

IT'S SIMPLE!

Yo Grumpy, get some rest.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 10:21 pm   Permalink

Bah ha ha ha ha.
hey I got no problem if people want to sell out,
and make a tiki bar for "High Rollers"
just say that's what yer doing.

High rollers,in Frankie's
puhleeeez.
ha ha.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 7:05 pm   Permalink

Waking up to this e mail. But then I wrote the reply so I really should be posting this in what made you happy today. How about what made you experience the thrill of victory after the agony of defeat?

Quote:

On 2008-12-12 15:20, Ojaitimo wrote:

We recieved this message today at TNA headquarters

To the TNA,

Dear Assholes,

Instead of going after nice people like Tiki Bar TV, why don't you do something about Sam's Seafood Tiki's? Better yet, raid Las Vegas Trader Vic's and shut them down. We understand you also investigate Mai Tai's? WHAT A JOKE Bet you use OJ and grenadine in your version don't you. Who made you the oracle of drink knowledge anyway.

Anonymous

End quote]

Dear Anonymous,

Assholes are like excuses which is what you are for a human being.
Our Mai Tai is the Grog Log version.
1.5 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz aged Rhum Clement (Not B rum)
1 oz Goslings Black seal
1/2 oz Marie Brizzard curacao
1/4 oz orgeat syrup
1/4 oz rock candy syrup
serve with crushed ice and spent lime shell and garnish with mint

In your case use double the rum, you need it.

Now STFU very much
Agent West
(Tiki Bar TV! Sorry you have to hear this. Correction : Sorry you have to read this!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 11:15 pm   Permalink

I got an email from someone on flickr wanting permission to use one of my images for a story:

Quote:
Hi there,

We at ********* are working on coverage of the top 10 worst fashion trends of 2008, and we are putting together a collection of photos. We came across your amazing photo on Flickr and it would be a great addition to our story. We would very much appreciate its use, with proper credit to you of course.

If you would like to contribute it to us, please click on the link below. Feel free to place the appropriate credit in the comments field of the story after you have approved the request. If you run into any problems, feel free to contact me at ******@*********.com.

Sincerely,

The image they wanted to use was a photo of a purse I made myself to sell in my etsy store! Now that's what I call a back-handed compliment!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-15 11:23 pm   Permalink

I got a check from King County for my one day of being in the jury pool last month...Ten bucks! Bastards...That pushes me into a higher tax bracket!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 10:35 am   Permalink

No more Jonesy's Jukebox.

http://www.indie1031.fm/index.php

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation