FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » and CLOSED! - Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
and CLOSED! - Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 12:08 am   Permalink

The Art is posted, it starts on Page 8;

We'll leave it all hanging on the wall and check PMs until December 22nd.

Presenting the first ever Worldwide Online Tiki Art Show and PARTY!

To give everybody the best deals on Earth, we’re cutting out the gallery owner and slashing prices for the holidays. I’ve invited Tiki Artists from all over to post just a few items here on TC starting in one week, all at exactly the same time.

Finally, good folks from faraway lands like Chongolio, TikiRacer and Heather Watts can all join in on an Art Event without leaving the comfort and safety of their own huts.

There’ll be an Opening Reception Parties, too, talking place in everybody’s studios. We’ll post pictures, whoop it up, all over the world at the same time, starting at…

Monday, December 15th
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm!
U.S.A. Pacific Time

- Cammo & The Gang (AKA the Holiday Hooligans)

Online Art Show; Trademark by Cam MacMillan December 2008.

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2008-12-14 06:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2008-12-14 17:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2008-12-16 10:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2008-12-22 09:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cammo 2008-12-22 18:31 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 05:49 am   Permalink

GREAT IDEA CAMMO! This should be tons-o-fun!

Not sure how long this show is going to run, but it looks like there will be plenty of time to ship works before the Holiday.

Time to get busy...I need to ear snap a couple of elves out in my studio.

hohohoHOOO!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 06:33 am   Permalink

This looks great fun, we're working on a live web feed from the bar. We'll also show the pieces up for auction on the same cast...

The 2 pieces have not been seen before, plus a bonus secret christmas special too.

More news soon...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 08:15 am   Permalink

I'm gonna bus' out two new drawings or paintings this week
JUST for this event!
If there's anything special you'd like to ask about on my regular thread
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=1620&1626
PM me and i can get it to you before the Holidays!
Jingle! Jingle!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 09:20 am   Permalink

Some late joiners – we’ll now be showing…

Babalu
BigToe
Bowana
Cammo
Chongolio
Heather Watts
Lake Surfer
Little Lost Tiki
Mad Dog Mike
Sophista-Tiki
Tikiracer
TikiThomas
TikiTony

Chongo, Lake Surfer and Sir TikiRacerX are all especially jazzed about this, they’re busy making stuff right now.

The cool thing is that they can make stuff right up to the 9:00 pm deadline and post it at literally the last second!

Again, we’re only allowing artists to post 1 or 2 works, and ONE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS ITEM that we’ll talk about later!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-08 10:06 am   Permalink

WoooooHoooooo! I get to host an Opening Reception Party (for my wife and I) in my "studio"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 1:49 pm   Permalink

What a great idea. I'm there!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 3:11 pm   Permalink

Two more joiners -

Alohastation

and

BUZZY!

Station's immaculate work is perfect for the holidays, and Buzz is putting together some sort of extreme super-secret theme package....

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 3:34 pm   Permalink

This should be a hoot I just have to pray for a steady internet connection for the evening. I hope to have my web cam rolling as well.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 6:37 pm   Permalink

I'm heading to the studio right now to begin work on one brand new item and a pair of great new carvings just for this special event!

Spent last night brainstorming and just picked up the wood this evening!

Let the wood chips fly!

This weekend I have to stock up on a few items for the bar for all the great online guests who will be stopping by.

I'll have fresh mint on hand!

Looking forward to seeing you all Monday night at the opening!!!!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 9:19 pm   Permalink

Oooh... how exciting... A tiki-art-extravaganza that is geographically neutral! I really haven't been living up to my Tiki Central name recently... I've been more like "Stationary Tiki" since August... But it's because Mike & I are going to Australia for a month in January so I gotta save every penny for that! (hint hint...)

Anyway, now that all my big projects are done I'm going to blast out something entirely new for the 15th. I haven't decided yet if it will be a small velvet piece or if I'll push my luck in the 3rd dimension of tiki, which I've been experimenting with recently. Maybe one of each!

Heather

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 3:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha All!

Okay, okay, okay, everybody has been PMing me about the late times, so I'm changing them.

- - - The new Online Art Show times are - - - -

6:00pm to 9:00 pm USA Pacific Time!

And, Tobunga (AKA Eric October) is joining us. Eric's a great guy and does work just gushing in Classique Tikiness, which is pretty cool cause he looks like he's about 22 and grew up after the Police were old news...

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 08:07 am   Permalink

Bugger - I've got to get up even earlier now!

Not sure how many other tiki uk fans I'll be able to drag out of bed...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 09:42 am   Permalink

Quit being such a dork with the 6 to 9 pm crap Cammo!
This is WORLDWIDE!
May i suggest 4pm to Midnight Pacific Time?
That way,there's an 8 hour spread for all to enjoy
and gawk at the work...
just a suggestion!
Almost done with my first piece for the show!
YEEEEEEE!
How come Chongolio gets to be Santa on the Flyer?

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2008-12-10 09:45 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 09:52 am   Permalink

i heard Jeff BigTikiDude won't be able to make it....

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation