FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Geedavee is posting carvings.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Geedavee is posting carvings.
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 10:29 pm   Permalink

Just a quick update on the tiki lamp.

I managed to drill a hole from top to bottom to run the cord. Keeping it straight and removing the gunk were the big challenges.

Here it is.

No flash

With Flash

I also found a 5ft. long drill bit today which I will buy if I decide to do some really big lamps.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 04:34 am   Permalink

Pretty Cool Tiki Lamps! Different and well done.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 5:20 pm   Permalink

Love the fez!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

Very cool!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 9:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha Geedavee!

After talking to you about your fez-wearing tiki lamp at the last Rumpus Room, it's great to see a pic of it! Turned out awesome!

Great to see your progress as a carver throughout this thread, too! Keep up the good work!

Oh, did you carve the tikis on the side of your bar? They look pretty cool!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 10:56 am   Permalink

Eric, Thanks for checking out the lamp.

I did carve the tikis on the bar. I wish I had waited until I had more experience with carving hardwoods before I started, but what can ya do.

I still consider myself a non-artist since I don't seem to have the artistic vision to come up with my own designs, and I can't seem to grow any cool facial hair.

Perhaps I should start drinking again. I get real creative when I drink.

[ This Message was edited by: geedavee 2010-04-16 11:58 ]

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-17 09:03 am   Permalink

Very cool!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 5:54 pm   Permalink

Nice work. Looks creative and artsy. Stay off the booze.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wilbilt

Posted: 2010-04-25 1:38 pm   Permalink

I like the lamp!

I know what you mean about lacking the vision to come up with a design. I have the same problem.

I don't know if drinking is the answer, though. I can get creative after a couple of drinks, but after 3 or 9 or 12 more, I start to get a little sloppy. Heh.

Will in Nor Cal

View Profile of wilbilt Send a personal message to wilbilt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 09:18 am   Permalink

Been carving a bit lately.

This first one is a rescue log. It had some bad mold and was falling apart so I had to finish it up and seal it quickly and move on to the next one.

Next, my first attempt at a more traditional style.

The stain got a little blotchy so I will try to sand and reapply today.

These are taking me too long to carve and the wood starts to dry out before I get a chance to finish.

I managed to raise my stand up a bit to relieve my back pain. I need to do research on carving ergonomics.

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 10:45 am   Permalink

Great to see this latest post Dave - wow! carving up some awesome works of art, man.

The 'moldy' tiki is cool and the traditional tiki is red-hot...Thanks for posting and talk to you soon. G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 4:23 pm   Permalink

I like'em both!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

Really ccccccooooooooooolllll

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 6:21 pm   Permalink

Got to give a guy a big high five for carving and sanding on his balcony! Good job

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2010-07-28 18:21 ]

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 6:46 pm   Permalink

Dave!! I love the efin blender on the lono! That is great!
Erik the Red

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation