FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis Christmas Album: Luau In December
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis Christmas Album: Luau In December
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 6:06 pm   Permalink

King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis Luau In December available through Paypal now!!

This third CD from the wildest Tiki band in the world blends comic novelty pop rock with the traditional Hawaiian sounds from the 40's 50's and 60's and includes the lush sounds of vibraphone, ukulele, and lap steel guitar to help celebrate the holidays.

Luau In December is the CD that King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis want you and your friends to enjoy this holiday season. The record contains seven holiday originals and seven obscure holiday covers. Featured as guests on Luau In December are 100 year old Bill "Tappy" Tapia singing and playing ukulele, Hawaiian singer Joe Moe whose solo CD "Mainland" is currently in release, Ms. Laura Thatcher direct from the stages of Disneyland USA, Ali Lexa of the “Ukulele Spotlight” show on KPFK radio in Los Angeles, and the Elf-ettes singing the theme song to the film "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". Songs include "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch", "Santa's Menehune", "Reindeer Holiday", and "Christmas Luau"! Featuring cover art by SHAG!

To sample songs go to:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kingkukulele

Also available are 2 previous releases: "The London Luau Presents: King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis Live At Trader Vic's" and the self-titled debut CD "King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis". For more info go to http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30693&forum=12&0

Order “Luau In December” by credit card at http://www.Paypal.com
And send payment to: kingkukulele@hotmail.com

It's not too late to order:
“WOW!!! That's some amazingly blazing fast turnaround. Fantastic!”
Rupe

Any paid customers who request MP3s of the album will receive MP3s while the disc is in transit!!!

Each CD is only $15, with all shipping and handling charges included. * No extra fees! All CDs will be shipped within 24 hours of payment!!

SPECIAL HOLIDAY DISCOUNT!!

Buy all three King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis releases for $40! You save $11 ! All shipping and handling charges included! *

* Listed rates are for shipping inside the USA only.
For all questions regarding shipping outside the USA email questions to:
kingkukulele@hotmail.com

[ This Message was edited by: King Kukulele 2008-12-11 18:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: King Kukulele 2008-12-19 14:15 ]

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 10:10 pm   Permalink

This is some damn fine X-mas music. And that Laura Thatcher, aside from being a talented entertainer. is also the hottest chick in Fullerton. Run out and buy ths CD, before they sellout
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:20 am   Permalink

Heck, ANY CD by the King is a reason to rejoice, but a Christmas CD!?!?!?
I haven't even heard it yet and I am already excited!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 01:02 am   Permalink

the samplers are awesome, just not enough.

hope I can get mine in time...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 2:26 pm   Permalink

Hail to the King!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BC-Da-Da
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 08:44 am   Permalink

The King's new CD is a real cornucopia of styles... a Hawaiian Christmas revue, if you will. Besides the beachboy numbers and the stripped down exotica/comedy numbers that we come to expect from King Kukulele, there are songs on the disc that stretch beyond his tried and true style.

I'm thinking about the "Play that Ukulele" song, which is a really great '60s bubblegum/go-go number, the showtune-esque "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch," plus one song that sounds like a Sufjan Stevens or Eels Christmas number... very indie-folk... and even one that is solid spaghetti-western, with surf guitar. I've only listened to it once in the day I've had the disc, but it's a great one to have. There are also plenty of insider lyrics that express the tiki-scene zeigiest, much like Shag's paintings do. Hail to the King!

Sorry about all of the previous typos in this post... I had to jump back on and edit what I wrote.

[ This Message was edited by: BC-Da-Da 2008-12-19 16:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BC-Da-Da 2008-12-19 16:35 ]

View Profile of BC-Da-Da Send a personal message to BC-Da-Da  Email BC-Da-Da     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 09:12 am   Permalink

Sounds great King!
Wish you had downloads.

Are you playing Disneyland this year?
My nephew had a great time last year.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 10:02 am   Permalink

sorry I missed your performance last Sat.
you got any other gigs coming up?

would like to get this cd in person.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-17 11:16 am   Permalink

I just picked up the new CD from the King....WOW!!!! This is a MUST have for any and all who enjoy fun & entertaining music. King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis are in top form!!!

There is something for everyone and for all ages!
Bill Tapia does "Tappy Claus"...Incredible!!!
The King takes "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" to new heights!!!

Check out the review:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2008/12/adventures-in-3.html

One thing for sure, it'll be playing at my tiki shack throughout the holidays and BEYOND!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 6:26 pm   Permalink

Hold it! D.J. Bonebreak on Vibes & Marimba?!?! And that sounds like a rockin' cover of "Hooray for Santa Claus;" it makes me want to break out my copy of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians a week early..

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-17 6:35 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo!!! This is a "Must Have" CD for The Holiday Season

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 6:35 pm   Permalink

Any chance for some of these cd's making their way to tiki ti tonight?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 1:38 pm   Permalink

WOW ! Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I’m so happy you are enjoying “Luau In December”. The Friki Tikis wish you a Merry Christmas!

Coco Joe I didn’t get your post until too late, sorry about that. I wasn’t able to make it to the Tiki Ti Wednesday…I thought they were closed for Christmas (hey that’s a great album title: “Closed For Christmas”)

Yes Unga Bunga I’ll be performing at Disneyland…I’ve already seen Al-ii and Soccer Tiki and I hope more visitors make out that way.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-23 09:26 am   Permalink

Anyone in the Long Beach/OC area wants to get their hands on the King's CD...he's been kind enough to let me carry a few with me in case someone is looking for some last minute holiday tunes (or just good music!)

It is worth much more than the measly $12 the King is asking! (but don't tell him that or he might raise the price!)

PM or call me (my number's in the back of Tiki Magazine) and we'll hook-up today or tomorrow.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 11:18 am   Permalink

I got mine, it's great. Some true, new classics on that CD.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation