FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ Other Events ╗ ╗ Frankie's Tiki Room Wednesdays In Las Vegas!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Frankie's Tiki Room Wednesdays In Las Vegas!
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-20 5:37 pm   Permalink

no frankie's tonight. too rainy! have fun! i'll be there next week.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-27 1:01 pm   Permalink

It is becoming increasingly difficult to live vicariously thru others...when none of the others are posting...come on people not everyone has a life so don't be so stingy and share more, and more often...thank you, thank you very much...

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-31 09:52 am   Permalink

Just wanted to give a shout out to Frankie's and say mahalo for signing on again for Ohana 2010 in Lake George! Hope the Pugs can make it back east again as well.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ainokea
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-06 7:23 pm   Permalink

Howdy. My company is sending me to Vegas for a conference at the end of February and the thing I'm most excited about is hitting Frankies. (Ever since the state bulldozed my beloved Honolulu, I have been adrift and searching for a good grog).

I have some dumb questions, so please bear with me:

Taxi: I'm going to be down near the convention center and figure a cab is the best thing to do if I plan on sampling the drinks. Any of the locals have any taxi companies to recommend to use / avoid?

Bus: Alternately, I can take the bus. What's the bus service like in LV?

View Profile of ainokea Send a personal message to ainokea      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-06 10:33 pm   Permalink

Sorry, I am just invading this thread to accomplish a perfect all forum sweep!
Quote:

On 2008-09-13 11:45, GROG wrote:
Congrats Tiki Trav on your clean sweep of the TC boards. Now that's definitely an accomplishment worth documenting.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 10:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-06 19:23, ainokea wrote:
Howdy. My company is sending me to Vegas for a conference at the end of February and the thing I'm most excited about is hitting Frankies. (Ever since the state bulldozed my beloved Honolulu, I have been adrift and searching for a good grog).

I have some dumb questions, so please bear with me:

Taxi: I'm going to be down near the convention center and figure a cab is the best thing to do if I plan on sampling the drinks. Any of the locals have any taxi companies to recommend to use / avoid?

Bus: Alternately, I can take the bus. What's the bus service like in LV?

Definitely take a taxi. It isn't that far from the convention center. You don't have a choice in what taxi company you are going to use. just which ever is next in line wherever you are.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ainokea
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-07 06:27 am   Permalink

I appreciate it the advice! It is close, so a cab should be quick. It's only 3 miles from my hotel so I could walk it easily, too, but figure it's not such a great idea to be an out of town conventioner stumbling home in an aloha shirt at 0 dark thirty.

View Profile of ainokea Send a personal message to ainokea      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 10:57 am   Permalink

FYI, I don't consider the area north of Sahara and south of Downtown a particularly safe area to be walking around by yourself after dark. There's a neighborhood in that area nicknamed the "Naked City" which is considered to have the highest crime rate in Las Vegas. It's just south of Charleston and west of the Strip. You wouldn't want to take a route through there.

Also be prepared to describe to the taxi driver where Frankie's is located. It's on Charleston just a few blocks west of the 15, on the north side of the street. Most taxi drivers that service the main tourist areas aren't familiar with Frankie's. I've even said "it's just east of the University Medical Center" and have had the taxi driver respond "where's that?".

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-02-07 11:05 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 04:36 am   Permalink

Hay all,
I'll be in LV the 21 - 25 & plan to make Frankie's on Wed the 24. I have a gift for them. check this out.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29383&forum=7&start=90&100
Do they have happy hour specials & is that when the T.C. crowd shows up ?
Will

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-17 04:36, wplugger wrote:
Do they have happy hour specials & is that when the T.C. crowd shows up ?
Will

They don't have happy hour specials. But if your're playing video poker, you drink for free. The gang shows up around 7:30ish, but none of us are really punctual.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ainokea
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-23 01:33 am   Permalink

Just came back from Frankies. OMFG. Beautiful place. I plan to hit it once a day while I'm in town. Thanks for the previous tips, everybody.

wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 08:38 am   Permalink

Frankie's was a highlight of my trip
thanks to the hospitality of the
mixological maestro Mike.
A bartenders, bartender.
They dug my muddler &
a good time was had by all.

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 12:51 pm   Permalink

Countdown to Vegas has commenced!

Ms Swanky and I will be checking out Bamboo Ben's handiwork and that of the bartenders on March 31st! Will any of ye TCers be around? Looking forward to seeing my pufferfish lamps in situ.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 4:48 pm   Permalink

I will be going to Viva Las Vegas and hoping to be there on 31st with my wife. I always try to stop at Frankie's when in Vegas.... Always a great time!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 09:26 am   Permalink

Surely there will be a bunch of folks in town for VLV to meet at Frankie's. Looking forward to next week!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation