FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SF monthly tiki parties post here
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SF monthly tiki parties post here
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 08:21 am   Permalink

Aloha!

O.k.-we need a new thread AND we need to get off our splintery tiki butts and make some plans!

How about picking one fri. or sat. a month (like the 3rd sat. or whatever) every month, and we will figure out what the event is, or where it is (being that we are the event!) If you can make it, fine, if not, then maybe next month. It would be like a regular scheduled meeting with other Centralites and the Mai Tais!

What do you think?

Tacky Tiki

and it doesn't have to be at someone's house-we can go to TV's, Mallard, Tiki Tom's, etc.

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 09:50 am   Permalink

Good to see you guys are ramping up operations. The NoCals are as crazy as the SoCals (I felt right at home with y'all!)

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 09:53 am   Permalink

Yeah, those damn NorCal TC'ers -- they're so HOITY TOITY!!!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-21 09:59 am   Permalink

I wish my NoCali tiki brothers and sisters the best with this idea. But human nature being what it is (even in SoCali), this might work for a month or two, but it will quickly disintegrate like a space shuttle with a plasma-filled wing.

Maybe you could try a quarterly get-together?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 12:03 pm   Permalink

This rivalry is a nice change from hip-hop East Coast/ West Coast fueding.
Do you have distinguishing colors (or hawaiian prints)?
flashing tiki hand-signs (ie hang loose--SoCal, peace sign--NoCal)?

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 12:42 pm   Permalink

We get together often more than once a month...sniff...it's just that we miss each other so bad, we can't help it. OTOH maybe it's just for the mai tais.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-21 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-21 12:03, manic cat wrote:
This rivalry is a nice change from hip-hop East Coast/ West Coast fueding.
Do you have distinguishing colors (or hawaiian prints)?
flashing tiki hand-signs (ie hang loose--SoCal, peace sign--NoCal)?

There's no rivalry on the left coast my right coast brethren. We're as tight as a box of granola with a side of yogurt!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-21 14:00 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-21 8:27 pm   Permalink

Tacky Tiki is ALIVE, ALIVE.
Good to hear from you. Whatever it is, I'm game. I'm laughing at my computer.....you peepo are makin' me laff.
Poly Pop, your signature?.....one eyed sea serpent with a turtle neck sweater?

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-03-21 20:36 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 08:18 am   Permalink

JT, just say it - It's a Dickhead Moai! In tribute to the long lost Puppy Moai Penis Ears signature....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 08:25 am   Permalink

I miss MadTiki

No More Tiki 4 You

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 1:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah, where IS that guy?!?!

In the meantime, let's just pick a date and go for it! Say...how about:

1.weekend of April 18-19th? anyone interested? Tonga Room? someone's house? Martin?

And in other party news, Hoiti Toitis! guess what? The second weekend in April, Bruce, Enid and I will be in LA attending the Fifth Annual Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre:

http://egyptiantheatre.com/archive1999/2003/filmnoir2003.htm

Check it out, the schedule's very good this year--opening night features Pat Hitchcock, Alfred's witty daughter, as special guest. Others include Farley Granger, Lizabeth Scott (who looks like a scary antique biker chick these days) and my fave Kevin McCarthy--yes, they're still around.

We plan on raiding your thrift stores and estate sales as thoroughly as possible (at least, until my passengers throttle me for my imitation "LA driving," or until the traffic just basically pushes them into frothing hysteria--whichever comes first).

Either way, we'll need a drink. And we'd love to party with you! We will even skip (gasp) a film!

More later--

--Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 12:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-22 13:50, tikivixen wrote:

1.weekend of April 18-19th? anyone interested? Tonga Room? someone's house? Martin?

I'd like to host a party at the Foggy Bottom on Saturday the 19th. Will that date work for most of you Bay Areans?

--cyn

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-25 3:27 pm   Permalink

Urgh. Sadly I will be in Maine on April 19th. Please please pick another weekend!

And why don't we make the next party the TC Official Drink Tasting Party for No Cal?

(I'm all for a party in the Sunset. Mmmm...easy drunk commute.)

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-25 3:52 pm   Permalink

The 19th. is also the day of Mondo Tiki and the weekend of Viva Las Vegas.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 4:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-25 15:27, martiki6 wrote:
Urgh. Sadly I will be in Maine on April 19th. Please please pick another weekend!

Let's see...
I have tickets to ths SF Symphony on April 12 and 26 (mmm....Mahler). Saturday the 5th is OK, unless you have to get up early the next day for the Alameda flea market.

What do you think? give me input!

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation