FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SF monthly tiki parties post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SF monthly tiki parties post here
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-06-10 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-21 09:59, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I wish my NoCali tiki brothers and sisters the best with this idea. But human nature being what it is (even in SoCali), this might work for a month or two, but it will quickly disintegrate like a space shuttle with a plasma-filled wing.

Maybe you could try a quarterly get-together?

So..., how's things going?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 1:56 pm   Permalink

Funny Bong....we're just trying to keep up with you SoCal Jones'

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 12:44 pm   Permalink

Ok, this isn't really a strictly "tiki" party, but we're tiki people, so I think that sort of counts.

In classic Hermann-Gregg fashion, we are also tragically late on getting this together, but if anyone is looking for something to do on Saturday night, feel free!

Craig and I are celebrating our birthdays (his is June 15, mine June 19) by having a Petaluma Pub Crawl (Mr Smiley mentioned this exact thing to me a number of months ago, great idea). You've heard me say Petaluma rocks, please allow me to prove it.

More info about the party and stops to be found here:

http://www.sylvanfells.net/ppc.html

Please email me with any questions: tikimama@livejournal.com. We have crash space available (Martiki has already claimed the guest bedroom, but we have futons) and the crawl will be on foot (it's a small town).

Hope to see some tiki faces!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 7:31 pm   Permalink

The Petaluma Pub Crawl was a blast! Happy Birthday and thanks to both TikiMama and Melintur!

I noted the TC folks were pretty much the most hardcore, late-night partyers. Big surprise...

Here's a link to the pictures on Shutterfly--have fun!

As I noted on another thread, you may particularly enjoy the action shots of Mrsmiley wielding his impressively long plunger at the Orbit Room.

Also, it seems to me that dead animal heads are a very consistent feature of most Petaluma watering holes. Andersen's or whatever it was called almost rivaled Foster's Big Horn in Rio Vista, and the drinks were excellent there too.

Why is every bar in Petaluma also a liquor store?

Maybe some day we'll have to have a Vallejo bar crawl...believe it or not, there are a lot of nifty old dives in this town.

Anyway...

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b322b712a493

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-06-16 7:41 pm   Permalink

Must have more bar crawls up here--'hic'

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 7:48 pm   Permalink

I second that.

Maybe we could take over the entire Islander Motel in Vallejo.

Hahahahahahaha...whew.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 11:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-16 19:31, tikivixen wrote:
The Petaluma Pub Crawl was a blast!

Dang it! I wish I coulda made it!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-16 19:31, tikivixen wrote:
Also, it seems to me that dead animal heads are a very consistent feature of most Petaluma watering holes.

We in Petaluma have a long tradition of decorating with dead things. It's just what we do. Martha has milk glass, we have dead deer.

Thanks to Martiki, Rebecca, Enid, Mr Smiley and of course Tikivixen (who took the only pics of me that night) for hauling ass up here for a fab night. We are the hardcore group, apparently others on the crawl were incapacitated all day the next day (amateurs!).

It was an inspiring night--going with a group gave us the courage to hit bars we never have (and now I'm glad, and for sure going back). I encourage everyone to do this in your town, it was so much fun!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2003-07-14 11:44 am   Permalink

Well, I am all tickled pink that the law firm I've been working as a short term independent contractor has officially hired me as a new employee! (and now uncle sam is taking a large bite out of each month's check, but we'll figure that out later...) it is, however, the dream job I've been searching for my whole life. yay!

Thus, I have two celebratory ideas:

1. I should host a International Tiki Day (8/9) party at my East Bay condo? Anyone down for that? I have my own bartender/chef now and am infusing rums as we speak. I live within minutes of Bamboo Island in Pleasanton, as a frame of reference, which is a bit far from SF, but not as far as Modesto... (and only 30 mins from oakland!)

2. Martin suggested we have a once a month thing at Trad'r Vic's, which is an excellent idea. I need to go there soon anyway to celebrate the new job. Any input on whether it should be: 2nd tuesday of the month; 3rd wednesday; 4th friday - ?? I'm pretty open. Plus, maybe we can pick a date, and alternate TV's with the Tonga, so that both the east bay and the foggy city people are equally represented (how's that for democracy?)

how does this sound to everyone?

Jen

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 6:15 pm   Permalink

Dangergirrrl, if Unga Bunga doesn't get somethin' goin' down in Monterey, I'm in for 8/9. I'm 1 hr and 15 min. drive from Pleasanton. Where's Bamboo Island?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 12:47 am   Permalink

Dangergirl,
Were you the one that suggested some time ago
to have a tour at the Munktiki studio down here in Monterey? Anyway, as Jungle trader knows, I know the Nielson family, and can arrange such a tour\meeting with a tiki mug buying\signing at my tiki bar pad, and then ramble to Hulas and take over their tiki room, which is a cool place.
JT, help me out on "checking the waters" on such an event, regarding would TCers actually show up for an event like this.
You’ve got the seniority of knowing if it can solidify. I can deliver the Munktiki family, no problem.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 08:02 am   Permalink

Unga Bunga, 8/9 is now less then a month away.
Seniority schmuck yuck. All I know is there are more TCer's in the Bay area then Monterey so the turn out would be better imo for a Bay area shindig. Prep and planning is the key. It's getting late now. I'm not sure if there's a lot of interest for anything on 8/9 up here, nobody is responding. But I know that if someone doesn't grab the bull by it's ba......I mean horns, nothing will happen.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-07-15 09:01 am   Permalink

Hola-

Well, I promised that I would be posting again soon with another idea for Tiki Day, but things have been crazy around here lately so I haven't got to it.

What I was going to suggest (since the boat thing fell) is that we do another giant bus like the tiki crawl, only this time (perhaps) we hit some TCers home bars. We need a good turnout to make this worthwhile but I think it would be great. I imagined something like this: We'll spend most of our time on the bus, and just stop in at folks places. Rather than everyone going crazy with making drinks, each place has a different punch made up in advance. So it's a Punch Tour! Of course, there would be punches on the bus as well.

DG299, it would be great to include your bar in the festivities. Thanks for stepping up to the plate! Only thing is it's an hour from the city. But we could start in the east bay, so that would be fine. There may be other home bars in the east bay. (hint: )

So...what do people think? Sound like good times?

DG299, the thing about Vic's was not that we were going to go there monthly, but that they would be having a specially priced once a month happy hour with cheap appetizers and the like. It hasn't materialized as of yet. I'll talk with them soon to see if they're still interested. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't just go!

I definitely think that a munktiki tour and Hula's trip is in the immediate future. I just don't know if it's a good idea for Tiki Day, because of the lack of people in that area. But I want to talk with you further about this Unga. There will DEFINITELY be a Monterey happening in the near future!

JT- I'll be in Turlock on Thursday so I'll give you a call. Hopefully we can meet and shoot the shit for a bit.

I'll be away from my email for a few days, but I'll try to check at Kinko's when I get a minute. Let's not let 8/9 fall through the cracks people.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-15 08:02, jungletrader wrote:
Unga Bunga, 8/9 is now less then a month away.
But I know that if someone doesn't grab the bull by it's ba......I mean horns, nothing will happen.

Ya, work has been such a bit..., I mean a bit crazy, time has flown by. S.F. is a much better prospect. Monterey is too far to drink and drive (boys and girls, anywhere is too far to drink and drive).I still haven’t gotten to the Tonga room anyway. the Nielson's (Munktiki clan) are coming over to party next week, I will get some better insight from them on a better date\idea.
Anyway, on tiki day we will all be raising a mug together in spirit. Have A Happy Tiki Day Everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-15 12:58 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2003-07-18 11:01 am   Permalink

I"m down with whatever fun stuff you guys can think up for T Day in the Bay Area. But if it doesn't go forward, I'm making up a big mess of pupus and drinks at my "beyond my means" condo and anyone who wants to show up can show up. If we run out of food and drink at my place (perish the thought!) we can crash the Bamboo Island....

Jen

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation