FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Grand Poobah's Oasis Update
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Grand Poobah's Oasis Update
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 07:45 am   Permalink

Hey Poobah, where you been?

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RIOTURBAN
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-17 07:57 am   Permalink

nice stuff ,man ! cool designs!

View Profile of RIOTURBAN Send a personal message to RIOTURBAN  Email RIOTURBAN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 04:29 am   Permalink

Thanks RIOTURBAN. Thanks for asking Cy. I am still alive and well. I have been slowed down by the little poobahs. I have a tiki I carved (> 5 foot) now that school is out I will find the time to post the pictures. I have been working on a tiki themed backyard shed. This has been going on since April. I get a few hours here and there so it has been slow going. I have to get the camerea fired up and going.

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 7:24 pm   Permalink

So ….it has been awhile. I have been really running around a lot playing mister mom with the kids as my wife is putting in some long hours. I have not had much time to check in let alone do much carving. My in laws parents got hammered by the hurricane in November. They are in their 90’s. My father in law and I spent a great deal of time putting their house back in living condition. They had three feet of water. Needless to say the combination of things has left me with little time to carve.

The hurricane did give me an idea. I had a kid’s fort in my yard. They didn’t use it much. In fact I was trying to store chairs and other stuff in it before the hurricane arrived in the fall. They stuff stayed there all winter. In the spring I decided to tear it down and put a shed/ tiki bar in its place. The plan is to make it a sitting area in the summer and then store deck items, tikis, etc, in the winter.

Here is what I have so far…

The old fort (you can barely see it on the left)…

Here is the new fort…. not yet complete

I am currently making the moldings to go up top…

Eventually I would like to mimic the Papua tiki design found at the Polynesian hotel in the peak. Create some double doors and hopefully be ready to go.

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 08:15 am   Permalink

Glad to see you back and producing tiki art Poobah.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 10:04 am   Permalink

very cool...

looks like you've got something good going there...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 05:35 am   Permalink

almost done! I hope to get back to carving soon! I have to put some siding on the back of the shack today and then the outside is officially done.. here is an update

here is the shack with the moldings

then the doors

V

this is the same shield from the Polynesian Resort

and at night

thanks for checking in,, i will have more to add soon

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 10:38 am   Permalink

Nice!

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-31 06:24 am   Permalink

Great job. Hopefully my build looks that good.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-31 09:51 am   Permalink

very impressive indeed sir....

nicely done...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 4:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys...I am planning on adding a deck on the front and include a tiki I have waiting in the garage

Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 4:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys...I am planning on adding a deck on the front and include a tiki I have waiting in the garage

Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 6:09 pm   Permalink

just to be clear,

is there some sort of plan for a deck and garage tiki?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation