FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Grand Poobah's Oasis Update
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Grand Poobah's Oasis Update
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-10 7:45 pm   Permalink

Just now saw this and looking forward to the pictures coming back up. NICE!!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 10:36 pm   Permalink

Nice chops!

Love the colors you've got going with your work!

And I echo the sentiments of the others... your detail work on the hands and the feet is sweet!

Bravo on tackling the Maple, that's some hard wood to carve.

Nice landscaping too, did you create the waterfall?

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2011-01-11 22:38 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 05:43 am   Permalink

Thanks VampiressRn, you don't happen to work for DR. Acula? I will repost them soon. Lake Surfer, I did make the waterfall. I actually am planning to make a larger one in another part of the yard but I have to put on the breaks for a couple of years as my boys need a bit of space to run around (they don't like tropical jungles)

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 5:04 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to bringing in my camera to work. I am a teacher. I have shared some of my pictures with my kids. The class has always wanted me to bring one in. I decided to actually make one to keep in school. I hope to keep adding a little more each year. Some kids like to pat his head for good luck on a test.

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 11:14 am   Permalink

Nice! I think you've just added to the pantheon of tiki gods. Could this be the god of Pop Quizzes?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 3:31 pm   Permalink

Damn that's beautiful. We both carve hardwoods but your style really makes the grain pop!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 04:47 am   Permalink

Thanks amate: I really sanded this one a lot to pop out the grain.

Big T: I am not too sure how many of my students will be worshiping the god of pop quizes, although they might connvert should I suddenly spring a test on them!

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 07:30 am   Permalink

hey, that looks great!! nice job, the stain (s) look great keep going! scott tikibad

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-23 09:50 am   Permalink

[no...LOL]

I love how you bring out the different grains and add textures to your work. It adds so much depth and personality to your Tikis. NICE JOB!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-29 9:41 pm   Permalink

Wow! check it out! Love how you left the wood grain for us to enjoy.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-13 3:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks Vampiress, tikibad and seeksurf. I thought I would repost some of the lost pics. This was the tiki that I made for parents as a christmas present. I will put in their backyard in the spring. In the meantime it is resting in my in laws living room (they told me they might decide to keep it!)

here is a new guy I am working on. He will end up as a matching bookend for a similar one I made last summer. I intend to put each one on each side of the steps. It has been pretty cold lately. Today I got a nice break as it went into the 40's! (yippeekiyaa) I was able to get a lot more done. I will post the pics when I get the chance.

have a good week

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-13 6:51 pm   Permalink

Excellent stuff and getting better with each one! You Excel in the fine details and the hard woods you are using make that much easier for you.

The Maple is one of the Great carving woods for that reason and the Cherry is the,THE,Premier Carving wood for a carver who wants tight, fine detail, where the wood must be stable and hold the detail. It sands Super well and takes the most Excellent finish.

The soft woods are easy in some ways but you cannot get the kind of detail that you can with the hard woods
HappyHaPPYhAPPY

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-14 9:37 pm   Permalink

Well done. Look @ the detail coming out! Looking Good.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikidude21

Posted: 2011-02-19 06:52 am   Permalink

NICE TIKIS A+

[ This Message was edited by: Tikidude21 2011-02-19 06:53 ]

View Profile of Tikidude21 Send a personal message to Tikidude21  Email Tikidude21     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikidude21

Posted: 2011-02-19 11:24 am   Permalink

NICE TIKI'S from brooks and wesley also thanks for the extra recess.

View Profile of Tikidude21 Send a personal message to Tikidude21  Email Tikidude21     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation