[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Concrete Lawn Tiki Gallery
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Concrete Lawn Tiki Gallery
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 10:41 am   Permalink

Inspired by Teeks' Stone Tiki gift, I decided to take account of the concrete outdoor Tikis usually offered by nurseries that I have assembled over the years. These are most of the classic, known ones. Most of them are only around 3 feet tall. The good thing about concrete Tikis is they will last forever, and are usually too heavy to be stolen.

The first watcher that greets the visitor is this strange moon-eyed Moai. Now bleached by sun and rain, he used to be stained much darker:

Further up to the walkway to the house, you are greeted by Fred, Pepe and in the background, Olu:

The dimensions of these three are off because of the perspective, Fred in the foreground being the smallest with 2 feet something, Pepe in the middle is 4 feet (I got him on Rosarito Beach in Mexico), and Olu, (who does not really fit in here because he is a wooden Tiki), is about 9 feet tall, carved by Leroy Schmaltz from a chopped pine tree in situ.

Next we find Karl:

And the classic Mark:

Then comes a bit of an exception, because this guy is made from porous Tufa stone.

I call him Dirty Mike, in honor of Mike Gildea, who I believe carved him:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22886&forum=2

Reaching my front porch, we find Mr. Strikow (pretty bleached too):

..and one of my favorite pieces of vintage concrete Tiki art, DROOPY! (can be used as a fountain):

Another vintage fave is this crazy concrete Maori hybrid, guarding my fireplace, (but intended for the lawn):

That's all folks, I would love to see if anybody has any other concrete lawn Tiki designs not shown here.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-12-24 10:43 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 2:32 pm   Permalink

Just two.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 08:17 am   Permalink

I've got a few concrete tikis. They stay in the house though because I live in the I.E.

I picked this first one up at Oasis III. (I think.)

This is one of my favorites. Got it from Seamus at Oasis V.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 10:02 am   Permalink

here goes.....

picked these up last summer......this ones heavy....

.and this little maori inspired one....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-26 12:53 pm   Permalink

Just One So Far...

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 5:56 pm   Permalink

My only two . .

But they live indoors these days.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 5:04 pm   Permalink

I just saw those Silverline tikis in person recently. WOW, those are SO sweet!!!

Here are photos of a Moai concrete plaque I got just yesterday. It isn't marked so I don't know who produced it but it sure looks vintage to me. I guess it could be hung from a wood fence or on the side of a backyard tool shed or tiki bar. I'm going to hang it inside though.

Approx. Measurements: 20" tall, 8.5" wide, 3" thick
Does anyone else have one of these or know anything about it?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stonetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-23 3:26 pm   Permalink

Thank you Sven!

View Profile of stonetiki Send a personal message to stonetiki  Email stonetiki Goto the website of stonetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 4:23 pm   Permalink

Here are a few of mine from my backyard...

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 5:58 pm   Permalink

What's that I see in my sister's neighbor's yard?

I'm told that they're giving it to me once their house is sold (and, yes, it's actually up for sale)

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 9:23 pm   Permalink

BigBro, the one you got in Rosarito was done by Pepe. All of his concrete tikis are rough formed while the concrete is semi hard and then actually carved with chisels. I love that you named it Pepe. I have 2 concrete tikis by him I will post as soon as I can. Anyone who has a Pepe original should realize they are not from a mold.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 7:26 pm   Permalink

the people where this "witco" cement ( guesstamate 500 lbs. ) came from, have owned it for 40 years. it had lived in san jose for much of that time.can't find any info on it. when,where,how?

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 8:59 pm   Permalink

Can it be that I have the only one? can there be only one? looks like it was a cast job, with all the wood grain. it has the means to have had water pumping thru it. the bottom box is bolted to the tiki and the bowl just sits on top of box. this thing is heavy,the guys that moved it for me said it was like a ton of bricks. I don't know why it is...it had to be harder to make than carving one out of wood! who would put that much time and effort into making a concrete witco fountain? I've looked in a lot of books and have searched to no end...somebody has to know something...this a cement witco or a red herring

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 6:25 pm   Permalink

Here are a few of my concrete tikis with a couple resin tikis. My favorite is the brown Ku on the right, which was obviously cast from the ones made by Universal Statuary for United Airlines.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 06:22 am   Permalink

Here's my Tiki Farm chiminea with his flower pot fez, being lead in procession by a bunch of concrete moai.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation