FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art Supplies for Christmas?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Art Supplies for Christmas?
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-25 11:22 am   Permalink

Didya get any cool supplies for Christmas? I got a gift certificate to New Mexico Clay (online source for glazes), "Handbuilt Pottery Techniques Revealed" by Jacqui Atkin, and some Precious Metal Bronze clay.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 12:01 pm   Permalink

HUGE 18x24 hot-press Aquarelle watercolor paper!
an isssue of Hi-Fructose
(more intelligent articles than juxtapoz!)
and a bunch of those sumi ink brush pens
in the colors i ran out of!
and a 12x48 canvas that is screaming for a rowers piece!
Merry christmas!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 12:27 pm   Permalink

I got a cool book on Maori & Northwest coast art called "Manawa, pacific heartbeat", for reference, study and amazement.
@ Little Lost Tiki, Is it me, or is juxtapoz moving more and more in to the "wow, that single dot on a blank canvas is so cool", highbrow art direction. I picked up a copy of high fructose and loved reading it.
Have a merry X-mess everyone

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 12:35 pm   Permalink

well I got myself 3 used books on painting and colored pencil technique . aaanndd Drum roll please.... MY NEW COMPUTER WAS JUST DELIVERED 2O MINUTES AGO!!! Im completely shocked I thought It wasnt gonna get here till next week. It seems like I have a bunch of new supplies because I went through my studio and found a bunch of great stuff I didn't know I had. LOTS of really nice papers and a grocery bag full of Windsor Newton and Grumbacher tube watercolors. I also found a whole stack of professional pallets, so I cleaned one off completely and squeezed out all new colors. I've got a brand new pallets of good quality paints.

Now back to the previously scheduled art making!!!! Merry Kinishmas all of my great art friends here on TC xoxoxoxox Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 2:14 pm   Permalink

Well, no supplies this year for me. Haven't had the money for anything new, but my Mother In law did buy me all 3 Tiki Water Fountains from our local Walgreens store. I've been dyin' to buy them myself since I first saw them, but this is just as well. Can't wait to set them up.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 3:53 pm   Permalink

I got a gift certificate for Amazon and have been looking at large format printers. I guess that is an art supply since I will using it to make bigger prints and film for screen printing.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-26 05:42 am   Permalink

I got some new acrylic paints and a screnprinting kit, expect some prints in the coming weeks.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 10:20 am   Permalink

All I got was a rock.

Achulky I got some colored Sharpies from Fishsticks which I use a lot in postcards and the drawings I give away. But speaking of not giving stuff away so much: I also go a swell digital camera from Sparky and Cookie which means I should be able to photograph and post pictures. And get rich off of Tiki, of course.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-27 10:08 am   Permalink

Woofy, glad to hear you got GROG' rock GROG send to you. Hope you enjoy it.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 10:59 am   Permalink

Gift Cards for art supplys the kids got me some Canvas,s .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 08:19 am   Permalink

Me too. 4 new stretched Canvases.
Oh, and a circa 1960's carved wood Tiki.
Maybe I'll paint it in a picture!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King 2008-12-29 08:21 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-25 10:46 am   Permalink

A banding wheel (turntable), assorted glazes and a box of kiln cones

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-25 11:32 am   Permalink

I got a buttload of embroidery supplies: thread, patterns, tea (Bar) towels and gold needles! Let the finger-stabbing begin!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-25 2:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-25 11:32, beadtiki wrote:
I got a buttload of embroidery supplies: thread, patterns, tea (Bar) towels and gold needles! Let the finger-stabbing begin!

What!?
Didn't you get our 10 pack box of thimbles?!?!

Mele Kalikimaka to you and Carl!

Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-25 4:15 pm   Permalink

Dan Smith watercolor sticks ( pure pigment), a hot press watercolor block, and the Charley Harper Illustrated Life book

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation