FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts handbuilt art for next tonga hut art show in April
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
handbuilt art for next tonga hut art show in April
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-27 10:52 am   Permalink

The next art show at the Tonga Hut in either late March or early April will feature hand-built, one-of-a-kind art. So, all of you artists that have been slinging some mud at Babalu's, you have until late March or early April (no set date yet) to get stuff finished. And all of you Tiki art connoisseurs, have until that time to save your pennies for some nice one-of-a-kind art. No mold-poured mugs, and no prints. Only originals.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-01-28 23:53 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-27 4:44 pm   Permalink

GROG, how many times do you need to post the same thing? Do I have to report you for abuse?
Abuse is considered: "Flooding" the window with nonsensical or repetitive text Having a litle trouble with TC this afternoon?

I'm working on sketches and buying new glazes, hoping to come up with something worthy of the show

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2008-12-27 16:45 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 6:25 pm   Permalink

how can you have so many shows
of the same theme
and at the same time?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 6:52 pm   Permalink

you ARE an EINSTEIN,ernie....
a ONE-OF-A-KIND
CERAMIC show
in a place that's
FILLED with DRUNKS?
DANGER!DANGER!

why don't we just schedule it
during the
running with the bulls?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 8:46 pm   Permalink

What about textile arts?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2008-12-28 09:22 am   Permalink

Damned TC, wouldn't respond when GROG hit submit.

Textile arts works, too. (Unless you have a sweatshop of poor illegal aliens in back all sewing for you.)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2008-12-28 11:00 am   Permalink

Artists who want to participate have to be there to sell their art or have somebody do it for you (not GROG). It's only a one night art show, from 7 to midnight.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-12-28 1:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the super advance notice GROG. I appreciate it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 1:38 pm   Permalink

This is going to be a blast! Yeah, thanks for the early call for work on this one GROG...

CLAY JAMS! let's go!

GROG GRAB STONE - MAKE NEW MUG!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 4:09 pm   Permalink

Cool, Slinging some clay, Free style art! With out having to keep in mind molding! Looking forward to it! Mahalo! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 4:27 pm   Permalink

Glad to see your going to give it a go GoGo...there's a lot of mana in a ceramic work that has not been formed using any type of slip casting. Come on down with the rest of the crew if you get a chance! I would love to play in the studio with ya.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 5:08 pm   Permalink

Glad to see your going to give it a go GoGo...there's a lot of mana in a ceramic work that has not been formed using any type of slip casting. Come on down with the rest of the crew if you get a chance! I would love to play in the studio with ya.

Thanks for the invite, Sounds fun, I'm all ready very busy in my studio! I know the Mana! My friend, I make a lot of single art pieces, All my art starts as sculpted pieces, Except for the re-pop items I make, Every item I make has to be sculpted first, Usually as a solid piece, As a master sculpt before it is made into a mold, For free style mugs sometimes, I'll wrap clay around a cylinder to start with too, Still it's kinda molded to start with in a since! I myself don't intended to carve a piece of clay hollow myself! I also made a way to make cylinders by extruding clay, My secret! I might spin some stuff on the wheel to start also! But yes I agree that there is nothing better than self expression than a single art piece, Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-12-28 17:09 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 6:21 pm   Permalink

That's cool Dani, I would love to see some of your "thrown" work sometime. I had plenty of oppurtunity to learn how to throw way back when, and passed up taking any real time learning the craft in favor focusing on other types of clay hand constuction methods. I could just never get into the whole Zen experience of throwing I guess..still, there's always time to go back and learn if I wish...

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by having an extruding secret?? There's a ka-zillion models of extruders on the market that allow one to extrude almost any type of clay cylinder they wish...hollow or solid, at almost any diameter one might need?? If I could afford one, I'd have one for sure. I think Henrik has one...lucky dog.

example:
http://www.clayworld.com/extruders/

Do you mean you made a secret hand made extruder that does something these don't? I once made a big ass press using the weight of my car...now that was fun :-)

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 1:16 pm   Permalink

Sounds Cool. I'll be interested to see what new Hand Built pieces will be produced.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 5:55 pm   Permalink

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation