FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Check out Beachbum Berry on a NEW cocktail webshow!
Check out Beachbum Berry on a NEW cocktail webshow!
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 1:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha, fellow Swizzle-Stickers! There is a wonderful new webshow that's all about the art of the cocktail! AND... the latest episode is about Tiki drinks -- in particular the elusive and boozily historic "Zombie". Our beloved Jeff Beachbum Berry is interviewed and talks about what's in a Zombie! And what makes this episode even more fabulous is that The Tikiyaki Orchestra provided the background soundtrack, and some of the photos in the show are by Tiki Magazine's Kari Hendler. (Ummm, yes, that would be me...) Also, in case you didn't get your latest issue of Tiki Magazine (and, let's face it, you really have to have it!), check out this website's blog section. They posted an article from the latest issue of Tiki Magazine (okay, okay! Also by me. Sorry!) about how to Tikify your holidays. So check it out! It's a great show. Let's ride the wave of the webcasting-cocktailing future, my friends! Here's the link: http://www.inthelandofcocktails.com/

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-28 7:40 pm   Permalink

WooHooo Kari! Mahalo for sharing this with TC

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 7:46 pm   Permalink

What's with that posted recipe for a "Beachbum Berry's Zombie"? Only 1 1/2 oz of rum? And Bacardi 151? What the.....?!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 8:17 pm   Permalink

I ended up making it a double and it taste GREAT!!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 01:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-29 19:46, arriano wrote:
What's with that posted recipe for a "Beachbum Berry's Zombie"? Only 1 1/2 oz of rum? And Bacardi 151? What the.....?!

That's because it's a Beachbum Berry's Zombie, not the original Don's Zombie. It's another variation, easier to make.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation