FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Scotty's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Scotty's Stuff
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 5:58 pm   Permalink

Here is a few pics from the car show. I had a great time making some folks happy.

Yea I did Ben but I told my other half and she kinda likes it a lot so I don't think I can get away with it.
Amate that one I took back today from the owner. After doing this last round of tikis I told him I wanted to make it better for him. So I am going to sand him down and give him a different color.

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2009-11-01 18:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2009-11-01 18:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2009-11-01 18:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2009-11-01 18:02 ]

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:25 am   Permalink

Scotty,

Nice work on the awards!

I've found that creating awards for events like these is some of the most rewarding work I do.

Hand made awards are always appreciated and coveted more than the typical hunk of plastic with a brass plate.

The same amount of passion went into your awards as the winners put into their cars, so that's a nice exchange!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:25 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2009-11-02 09:25 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 6:07 pm   Permalink

Dave thank you so much, your words mean a lot to me from a guy of your caliber. I really look up to guys like you and others on here. Barely even starting to do this and being on here, I hope too meet you someday. I always build Raffle Tikis for all the local shows and they end up raising a lot of money for the cause. I decided to take it a step further this time for a personal friend of mine for the show. I have to say it was one of the best experiences I ever had. All that work for 2 months off and on when I had the time was worth the great feeling I had in the end.
Here is a good pic from the show.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 8:20 pm   Permalink

Very good work Scotty! Especially on this guy:

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 08:09 am   Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving!

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 09:35 am   Permalink

Ha Ha! Always cutting turkeytiki with Pfeil...cool pix!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 3:45 pm   Permalink

A little fun with a Tiki Motel Wall Hang.

kroozzn62
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 5:02 pm   Permalink

man that awesome progression dude, Diggn them, hey got anymore pics of your wagon thats a nice ride u got there.

View Profile of kroozzn62 Send a personal message to kroozzn62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 6:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Man, Welcome back from tiki vacation. Yeah here is my 65 with my 67 that I am building for my 13 year old son.

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 05:36 am   Permalink

Anyone in the Houston/Galveston area have any leads on some palm or where to find some. I will be in the area Jan. 22nd to the the 24th. with a trailer scavenger hunting. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2009-12-30 05:36 ]

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 07:32 am   Permalink

scotty!! luvin the wagons man those are sweeeett!! your sons gonna be rollin niiiice when hes ready to go!! and srry cant help yah on the logs in txs but if your ever in florida give me a holla i will def hook you up!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks man , appreciate it.

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 4:28 pm   Permalink

New Guy

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 5:24 pm   Permalink

Scotty,

The new carve is great. The lack of palm wood doesn't seem to be affecting you adversely. As far as your scavenger trip to Galveston Island goes, take a saw. I went down to G-town at the end of last May and drove from East Beach to Surfside beach. There was still a lot of debree left from Hurricane Ike but I'm sure a lot has been cleaned up since. Anyway, all the way from San Luis pass to surfside there was debree bulldozed into piles along the highway. I didn't think to take a saw with me and missed out. Good hunting my friend.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation