FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Trav Finally Doing Some Carving!!! and some other stuff...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Trav Finally Doing Some Carving!!! and some other stuff...
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 04:32 am   Permalink

Yep, It's about time Trav, and it looks like you have a winner there. You have really dug the chissels in deep. You gonna finish him soon I Hope?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 11:13 pm   Permalink

ok so here are some pics of my tiki finished...
was quite a mission to carry him on my shoulder about a mile to the beach to get some pics....

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 06:36 am   Permalink

oh the suffering you must endure for your art. walk to that horrid beach, with all that sun in your eyes and that white sand between your toes only to stare at the blue water. i truly feel for you

now this is a beach i have to luxuriate in here in texas

it's usually a tad bit less rough, but hey we had a little windstorm that day. that's a good curl for galveston too.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 11:54 am   Permalink

it looks rad trav! good job man

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 3:08 pm   Permalink

Holy shit.....look that this douche with his own f'in creative thread! About time you got something done besides a pile of butts and empty rum bottles. Kick ass!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 3:49 pm   Permalink

That thing looks pretty damn good. Nice , 'bout time you started doing something creative.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 4:13 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks guys,
BD, yeah it was a really horrible day and the water was all warm too,
I love how you turned one of those tikis into a light post,

I have been feeling really quite creative lately, been drawing, painting, carving, and constructing a new "theme environment in my room"... the best motivation now to keep carving is that this dickhead that shares my house absolutely hates me carving on the deck although my other housemates love to watch what i am creating.. so now i plan to carve as much as possible.. will keep you all up to date

Have actually spent a lot free nights and days off carving etc while everyone else is at the staff bar getting smashed which as most of you know, can be hard for me to say no to, but I don't wanna waste the opportunity to utilise the tranquility and inspiration that comes from living on a beautiful island, Clydesdale is a dick....lol

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 5:20 pm   Permalink

Ahhhhh Christ, we had a high of 18 degrees today.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 5:31 pm   Permalink

here's a couple more scratchins.....

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 7:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff my friend and Benzart is right. Mo deeper, mo better ! And those drawings . Who knew you had any talent besides scraping bad paint jobs off old tikis . Now all you have to do is carve a balsa wood raft and get yo ass back here . Great work !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 10:33 pm   Permalink

nice scratchings.

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 12:55 pm   Permalink

Nice work Keep them flowing.

I cant get over the color on the Beach. Im so use to one color gray.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Your use of color is naive. (hee hee)

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-06 18:43, Matt Reese wrote:
Your use of color is naive. (hee hee)

Thanks Matt,
Now that I think about it you are right, I will now re-think my artistic direction.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 09:12 am   Permalink

Man Trav, you ARE Showing a LOT of creative ability here, WOW, I Love the drawings, that lonley tiki by the hut is really cool and the Moai trying to row their canoe while holding the oar incorrectly should be Fun to watch but I LOVE that piece. You can hang it on MY Wall any day! The flower is way cool too.
Who knew you had it in'ya?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation